Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my 18 850 Backcountry out for the first ride this season, first couple laps around the yard was running fine then developed a miss when I would try to go more than 50% throttle then started doing it at less RPM. It’s intermittent as it comes in and out of it, sounds like it’s dropping down on 1 cylinder. No check engine light. After the sled is warm when starting it will backfire and shut off. Are these classic Symptoms of a TPS sensor failure or out of adjustment?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pulled my 18 850 Backcountry out for the first ride this season, first couple laps around the yard was running fine then developed a miss when I would try to go more than 50% throttle then started doing it at less RPM. It's intermittent as it comes in and out of it, sounds like it's dropping down on 1 cylinder. No check engine light. After the sled is warm when starting it will backfire and shut off. Are these classic Symptoms of a TPS sensor failure or out of adjustment?
I guarantee you its your injectors, just did it on my 18 i sold to my friend. Exact same symptoms you have. Dealer did the whole process of elimination thing and BRP tech support said injectors...problem solved

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed the plugs last night, seemed to clear up the issue. Much crisper throttle response than I had even all last season. Can’t believe on a 2 year old sled with 1300mi that I would have plugs go bad. I haven’t fouled a plug since my triple days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts