Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm very serious about getting RK TEK's 827 kit... and am wondering about things i may need to know about. Things such as what kind of clutch set ups should i run, jetting changes. I am also debating on whether or not to get it ported... or to get the decker twin pipes (I am going to do one or the other). Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks
Jordan

(I am also getting an EGT guage, any suggestions (pyro vs digitron)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
you cant go wrong with rkt's 827. it makes horspower by the gobbs. go with the porting and hold off on the deckers. i run 370's at a 1000ft and im a hair rich, plugs are black and egt's are only 1100 after 20 sec of wot. i have the pyro gauge and like it,imo the digitron is big and cheap.pyro doesnt offer weld in bungs any longer. i use there probes with egt's bungs. kealseys customer service is some of the best in the buisness, he's there to answer tech questions. talk to big john about clutching, he's great at getting you set up to get the power to the track and fit your ride style.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
I like the Digitron's (PC downloadable).

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Like Revdog said stay away from the twins, go with the stock pipe, more fun winning the race with a stock pipe and a motor that looks stock. Another decision is what domes to run, i rum 13.8-1 in the stock head and 430 mains at 1700ft. with the mpem moded by Steve Decker to 15deg. timing. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts