Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well over the weekend of January 22nd-23rd I was up at Bosebuck cabins in the Rangeley, ME area. I happened to go up with a couple guys I ride with.

There fleet consisted of the following:

2000 Thundercat
- DG Pipes
- VForce 3 Reeds
- Powerbreather
- 192 Carbide Tip Studs

1999 Thundercat
- Stock Pipes with DG Silencer
- Shaved Heads
- Powerbreather
- 96 Double Digger Backer Studs

And my 2001 Mach Z
- Dynopoer Pipes
- Dynoport 3PK Stingers
- VForce 2 Reeds
- Shaved Head
- 26/43 Gearing
- 192 Rotein Hornets

Here is a picture of the fleet outside our cabin:

We ran 3 runs total, eatch run threw up the same results.

I would immediatly holeshot 3 sled lengths on both TCATS, we ran about 1500-2000 feet before shutting down and I would stay 1-2 sleds on both of them.

After the 3 runs they came flying over to me and we all shut down and started talking. They both had that "holy sh&%" expression on their faces. They told me they had never had a problem with a Mach Z before, granted they had only ran 3 others before mine.

So I asked them how fast they would gain on me after the holeshot, they both proceeded to explain that they would slowly gain on me to about 1-2 sleds back and did not have enough lake to do any more gaining.

I asked them if they think they would of eventually ran by me and they both said "we may have creeped by your "edit for bad language", but either way there was no way we were flying by and we needed alot more lake."

Now I have not raced alot of Thundercats, and I hit 120MPH, if I had to guess the TCATS prob had longer legs, but I believe I get to 120MPH faster than them.

Any other opinions?

To see the rest of the pictures from the trip go to the following:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v316/809upyo...%2023rd%202005/

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hey 809,last time I was reading a post from you and you were in a radar run,and was wonderin how to shift the belt more,did ya do some major clutchin,sounds like ya got er runin good

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
squish band said:
Hey 809,last time I was reading a post from you and you were in a radar run,and was wonderin how to shift the belt more,did ya do some major clutchin,sounds like ya got er runin good
[snapback]283723[/snapback]​
Conditions caused my shifting problem, she shifts out now, a matter of fact she rides right to the top which means i'm running out of gear, and could use another tooth.

So I figure I will see a couple MPH on top with a 27 tooth. I have a 26 tooth in there now.

By the way thanks for the comments guys, I put alot of time into my sled and love hearing feedback.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
809UpYourAss said:
squish band said:
[snapback]283723[/snapback]​
Conditions caused my shifting problem, she shifts out now, a matter of fact she rides right to the top which means i'm running out of gear, and could use another tooth.

So I figure I will see a couple MPH on top with a 27 tooth. I have a 26 tooth in there now.

By the way thanks for the comments guys, I put alot of time into my sled and love hearing feedback.
[snapback]283960[/snapback]​
Do your buds T-cats still have the counter balancer? It makes the motors lazy. That's the biggest reason for the Mach's beating up on them IMO. I am still playing with my clutches and we have no solid ice yet and REAL loose snow so I have not had a lot of good test time.. I did race my firends 2005 MXZx 800HO PTEK and in a real SHORT (400') race we swapped wins. I was trenching pretty bad out of the hole so I forced my thumb to only squeeze 1/4-1/2 throttle on the holeshot then slam it after about 40' feet.. BIG difference then. He knows I will cook em in any race past 600-700' Still the new 800HO PTEK is a strong running motor.. He also has a $400 Fett. Bros. Clutch kit and is a mechanic at the local Doo dealership.
Hey if you ever come to Tug Hill let me know..There is a HUGE reservior that we can really stretch the Mach's legs on. About halfway across there is usually a 2 foot high pile of blown belts

Glad to hear your Mach is running strong.

Cheers,
Evel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts