Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I got the oil pump out and the water pump impeller removed , took the two bolts out and tapped on other end and it comes out about a inch on water pump side but I can't get it any further . It's like the gear in the middle is stopping it from coming out . Anyone know what I am supposed to do ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I got the oil pump out and the water pump impeller removed , took the two bolts out and tapped on other end and it comes out about a inch on water pump side but I can't get it any further . It's like the gear in the middle is stopping it from coming out . Anyone know what I am supposed to do ?
2008 adrenaline 800r

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
If the crank is out, then you should see what is happening. I agree with you, it's possible it's hanging up on the plastic drive gear. Tap it back the other way. Go back and forth till you can see what is happening and what needs to be done. Be careful not to knock the bearing out of position (on the oil pump side).

Is the gear all chewed up?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks totally normal . I don't wanna pound the oil pump side of shaft to hard lol . Does the gear push the seal and water pump side bearing out ? It feels like I'm gonna break the damn gear if I hammer it out any harder . There is no rust or anything holding it back , it's super clean in there and the bearing spins freely . Maybe I should just leave it alone . I just figured if I was putting new isoflex in the crank I would replace them seals . Thought maybe I was missing a step or something

·
Always wrenching on toys
1,477 Posts
ya. most likely the notch in the shaft that fits into the oil pump has widened just a touch and wants to pull that bearing out. In any event, the gear looks fine. Wish mine looked like that :) I just replaced mine. If you hit it real hard, you will hurt that bearing on the oil pump side and need to replace it. I just replaced mine for a piece of mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts