Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im here under a new name cause i forgot my old password ..

but now a got big deal for engine guys!

2 years about 100hours on my rs800r ptek and 1 month ago it toasted a worm gear on waterpump shaft.

i looked prety much everything i could in my garage and talked to few dealers and they all said that was bad luck and they hadnt saw this before (?? maybe) so everything looked fine threw brand new shaft it that boy and now about 15-20 hours after boom toasted again!! during a hard rippin session .....

im missing someting for sure but dont know anymore where to look at ...

i know it happened to some guys here .. what was causing that on your sled if you figured it out and it is now ok ?

thanks a lot for help and more for personnal experience id like to ride again this winter ... cause i dont throw anymore waterpump shaft in ittill i have figured out the problem ...:/

·
Registered
758 Posts
If the dealers are saying they haven't sent it before I would go back to them.
I does happen just not a common problem, my friend that has his own shop has see a few and I've see one.
The one I saw was poorly installed an lacked oil during installation, hence why it failed. The guys sled would over heat in like 2 minutes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine also overheats real quick because waterpump doesnt pump anymore ... but i always filled cavity before installing in sled ans the first one ran for 2 years so something must be wrong now ... and thata why i dont like to bring my sled to dealers + its an rs800r so they dont really want to work on it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
somebody has seen this because of crank run out or bearing beginning to go ? crank bearing or the oil pump side bearing on the shaft ? i didnt change that one last time because it looked fine and its in oil so ... changes that its this one are low

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Check the bearings that the pump shaft rides on. I've noticed a couple of them on the water pump side, where the bearing wouldn't rotate, not sure if it was a bit of weeping from the pump seal or sludge, but the bearing races wouldn't spin freely. Sprayed em down with some carb cleaner, a bit of brown crap came out. No problem's afterward...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts