Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 800R PTech that is fouling plugs. It just started doing this my last ride. Sled has 1600 miles on it and is stock except for clutch kit and gear. When it fouls the plugs, the plugs are covered in oil when I take them out to change them. Sled seams to run fine other than the plugs fouling. Another thing to add is that when me and my buddy went riding yesterday we filled our oil reservoirs up to the same level. When we got back to the trailer he had 3/4 left and I was at 1/2 tank. Lastly sled seems to use more gas then I remember if this helps. Any ideas or what should I check? Thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Check your cable to the oil pump. When it goes, the oil pump timing goes to full rich. I would think your mileage is somewhat low to have it fail but ya never know?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have the same sled that you do with 5000 on it and 1000 on rebuild, no problems fouling but someone was telling me

that you have dial in the pug. meaning that the open part of the plug must face the carb when tight.

don't if it's true but i did it and have no trouble

·
Registered
193 Posts
The more gas you use then the more oil you will burn. So that may just be causes by you riding style and conditions. It takes slot of oil to foul a properly tuned and operating sled.
What plugs and gap are you using and how long do they last?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Check cable fraying by the oil pump. You can actually see this through the clutch side of the sled, there are two small holes. Or flip sled on side and drill out 4 rivets and pry back the front radiator slighly and you can see the oil pump. If the cable is not frayed or hanging up it is your oil pump that fail. I experienced the EXACT same issue you did and it was my oil pump. Failed at 1400 miles. 2010 xrs 800r

Note to self. Much easier to access oil pump by removing skid and front radiator(cooler) than accessing it by shifting engine forward. Dually noted...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts