Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see if anyone might've done it, if I was to get a used, in this case get a rear-wrecked 800-ETEC Skidoo with all the main engine parts still intact (Wiring harness, oil tank and fuel pump, clutch, etc...) could this possibly work? I have a 2013 Summit Sport REV-XP with a 600 Carb. I have seen that you would have to change just about everything to get it working right but could it be worth swapping?

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think it would be worth swapping. I've never done it but it would be a nice upgrade. I guess it kinda depends on how much the wrecked sled costs. You may also want to look into cooling and make sure that stock heat exchangers are enough cooling for the 800 etec. I assume that they're the same but I would definitely look into it before you buy one.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
I guess if you got an 800 etec with the same length tunnel you could swap heat exhangers too if they are different.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's gonna be tough to find a wrecked sled that has all their engine parts cheaply, waterpump is probably the only thing about the cooling that needs to be changed since the exchangers look the same. I already have ice scratchers so thats good to start.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
758 Posts
IMO I would sell your sled, the time to swap things over to get that 600 working in that other chassis is just not worth it too what you can pick up a working 800 in xm chassis for. Or unless you got some time to spare and bored and need something to do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The swap is possible if you have both sleds complete with a considerable investment in time. If it were me though I would part out the 800, sell the 600, buy a nice used xm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts