Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran last year unstudded with a 1.25" predator track. On trail I couldn't ask for more, except for the corners and the fair amount of lake crossing in my area. I am studding this year for braking and a little insurance on ice. Has anyone "got by" with 96 studs for these reasons, or is that too light and I risk damage to the track.

·
Registered
13,551 Posts
96 on a 800 will bend, break and/or pull out studs if you ride any little bit aggressive. Go with 144 up the middle and it will work great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I ran last year unstudded with a 1.25" predator track. On trail I couldn't ask for more, except for the corners and the fair amount of lake crossing in my area. I am studding this year for braking and a little insurance on ice. Has anyone "got by" with 96 studs for these reasons, or is that too light and I risk damage to the track.
On the 03 MXZ rev you have to be careful with heat exchanger and tunnel protecter clearances when studding. I have run 96 center and 48 outside on an 03 MXZX 800 with no problems. Remember to run the proper carbides or else you will be plowing through the corners on the trails. My2cnz... Try searching "studding 03 rev".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know if the tunnel protector relocation kit is still available. There was a lot of talk about them back in the day but they appear to be gone???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts