Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just received a 4th wheel idler kit ,the instructions say to use a new axle,but it didnt come with one .is this right .
do you use the stock one or is it missing it.
thanks

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
the kit comes with a new axle and two bolts

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
It should come with a new axle. But, you will probably be ok with the old one. On my 98 formula, the stock axle was tapered, so I had to use the new axle in the kit. But on my zx summit, the stock axle was not tapered, so I could have used eithor one. Of course I used the new one though. I can't say for sure what a rev has, but I assume it's not tapered and you could use you're old axle.

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
teammetz said:
4th wheel idler kit whats the part # and what dose it cost?
[snapback]272986[/snapback]​
2005 Ski-Doo catalog: 4th rear wheel idler wheel kit. 165mm kit: 860306800. 180mm kit: 860306900. Both cost $37.47.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i bought the kit for my 05 early realease 600 ho sdi renegade and then swapped it out to my new 05 800 power tek renegade. kit comes with the new axle designed with 4 smooth spots for 4 wheels, one new black wheel ,a spacer for the center to keep the inside wheels apart with the bearing pressed in and i cant remember, but like someone mentioned above, it may have come with both new bolts. easy to install. id say the kit u got needs tobe taken back to your dealer and order another kit. u paid for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts