Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Rocketman for posting info in other post.

The E-Rave proceedure sure looks self explanatory.

I am not getting any faults or have I ever with mine. Sled has always worked exactly as I suspected it would.

I have been testing some clutching on it possible development in the future for some one and have experienced this 8000 Rev limiter

BUT

I only know I have after now knowing there is one. It is very un-noticable.

The sled just quits pulling.
I have seen numerous complaints about sleds not accelerating or hitting a brick wall at 100mph. This happens but since I was actually working while riding and taking notes, I stumbled onto this.

The sled will start to accelerated harder when you let off slightly when the tach reads 8000rpm and go well past it would when it hit the brick wall.
My original thoughts were that the sudden drop in HP when over revving 200 rpm stopped the pulling since it didn't have the HP to pull the weight/helix combo at that time. Back off a little and sled comes back into power and motor is happy. But I also pulled out weight which should have made this rev 8500. It would still only rev just past 8000rpm again.

Can someone find out exactly how this Rev limiter is working? My dealer is looking into it as well.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anybody understand how this works?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts