Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have my 809 cylinders replated and new top end. Since I have to spend for that anyway whats the hp difference between the two? Whats the cost to go 925?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
My trail ported 890 makes 180 with stock pipes and 190 with trail pipes. 925 should be a bit more depending on who does the porting. Just going with the big bore isn't going to net you much without the porting to back it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also you have to machine the case or the larger piton skirts will hit the case. if you go with the 890 you do not need to do that.

i did 2, one off 780 clys and one with 809. 809 was flawless, 780 cly leaked coolent in case. hope this helps good luck.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Sleeper. I would love to test against you next year. I know every year I have mentioned it but next year I have promised myself to work less and ride more. I would love to test my dads and my Mach against yours. We are set up for 660 though. I still have your number saved.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been running 660 all year. It would be great if you guys could make it up to turkey pond. Most days their is no competition for my sled to race. Most sleds at turkey are 250+ hp on spray. They did a great job over there this year keeping the track plowed also. Track was plowed 1500' with a return road on both sides.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I was there 2 weeks ago. Had a good time. Lanzi's is the place to be this coming weekend with the benefit race for Dave Meneely

1 - 17 of 17 Posts