Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 03 renegade 800 and This weekend I raced my buddies 05 800 h.o. summit and I pulled him outta the hole and on top. My other buddie has the same sled as mine and he also beat the summit outta the hole and on top end. Now I know that the summit has lower gears so we shoulda beat him on top but i thought that the H.O. was supposed to be alot more powerful than the regular 800. Dont get me wrong the summit is a torque monster. what is the difference in the H.O and the regular 800?

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Not sure about the difference between the motors, but the Summit is pulling a larger/longer track with different drivers. Therefore the extra h.p. from the newer engine is basically unnoticeable due to the excess rotating mass.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2001 mxz 800, I raced my friends 05 800 h.o and pulledd him out of the hole and in the top end! I thought he was just taking it easy but maybe not! I then drove his rev and I must say, it an awesome sled to ride and feels crazy for power......maybe I'm just getting use to my 01! What is the hp difference from the 800 to the 800 h.o?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.