Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, I've been told you can use a Summit pipe on a low altitude MXZ engine with good power and performance gains. Is there any truth to this? Thanks for any input.

·
Always wrenching on something!
2,905 Posts
well, i think the difference, BUT not sure, as i know alot of "trail" sleds, such as out east, theres alot of restrictions maybe? mufflers for sure..... and so on, so if the mxz pipes ARE different, then yeah it could be, i would think that the head pipes, or the "tuned" pipe would be same as the trail sleds, but the mufflers are different?, but you could give it a try, like i said i dont know the differences, if they are made to muffle noise, or create back pressure, but you can throw a summit on, I "think" that you might have to RE-JET though, like i said im not 100% on it all

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hello if you are interested I have a Summit stock exhaust muffler off my 04 summit X 800HO,( I put an aftermarket can on it), the outer aluminum shield has alot of small pien dents in it but it didn`t hurt the muffler caseing itself just the outer aluminum shield. doesn`t really look all that bad.

I beleive the summit does have a bit better can than a trail sled, tuning and lighter.

I`d take $50 + shipping for it in the USA

if interested let me know your address or zip code and I`ll get a shipping quote

I have paypal

Thanks, Darren
[email protected]

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
From my knowledge the Summit pipe is a 'tighter' pipe. Especially the 03 REV Summit pipes. Not sure if all of them are the same or not, but I do know the 03 is desired by trail sled riders for stock performance increase.

The difference is the diameter of the stinger in the end of the pipe, its smaller diameter, but I'm not sure on the specifics.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
800HO Rev Summit pipe is tighter, has a smaller stinger than the MXZ. Others in the MXZ forum should have experience in the switch.

FWIW, the non-ptek HO Summits rolled back timing at low elevation, they also had a higher comp head than the MXZ, which is how they stayed alive on pump premium at low elevation. Swapping heads from a summit to a MXZ required a Summit MPEM, also. The 03 ZX 800ho Summit didn't have this, which is why Doo didn't want the ZX 800ho run at low elevation, even tho it was by some, primarily AK riders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts