Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Heat. That's the reason the 1000SDI has the case cooled - with no fuel moving through the case, it gets too hot. 800 in HO trim must push it over the edge for the application. Supposedly the 600SDI is able to keep cool enough.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
and..... the powertech is already 2006 compliant

·
Registered
25 Posts
cbr900dblr said:
Why can't they take the 800 sdi out of the Legend SE and put in the rev?

Jay
[snapback]313308[/snapback]​
why would you want too? the 800 power tek is fuel efficient, runs very strong and does not rely on mapping programs. SDI is also quite expensive, harder to use performance parts with etc. We should be happy that they have this engine that meets all the emision requirments and works so well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
detour dan said:
cbr900dblr said:

Jay
why would you want too? the 800 power tek is fuel efficient, runs very strong and does not rely on mapping programs. SDI is also quite expensive, harder to use performance parts with etc. We should be happy that they have this engine that meets all the emision requirments and works so well.
[snapback]313353[/snapback]​
I was reading one of the articles on one of the snowmobile sites and they said the 800 power tech just made it past the epa regulations. What will they do when it doesn't?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes, the PT are fuel efficient and runs great. But, they should have a 800H.O SDI/DI/E-Tec.
Compare the PT´s fuel efficient with the new Yamahas and just wait and see the Arctic-cat and Polaris line-up. It´s almost time for "new" SDI´s engine in every cc class.

I have been waiting 3(now 4!) years for a 800SDI in a Rev chassie and it looks like I have to wait another year.

My current sled is a 2003 Legend 800SDI with x-package. If the PT runs as smooth, problem free, better oil and fuel consumtion and less smoke than my 800SDI, I buy it!!
They also have to take the choke and chokewire away from the -06.

Maybe BRP have some tweaks for the PT in 2006 that we don´t know of yet. I hope so.

We all know they have to make a 800 SDI, acctually they know (for 2007) have to make a DI/E-Tec engine EPA2012 compl. to compete with the other manufactorys.

BRP, please make some tweaks on the -06 PT, so I´m "forced" to buy one!!!

SDI-POWER

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
why would you want too? the 800 power tek is fuel efficient, runs very strong and does not rely on mapping programs
but it uses carbs and that is old tech!

I love the 600 SDi and have been waiting for three seasons now for the 800 SDI too.

No 800sdi kept me from buying new in 05 and I see no reason to buy new in 06... I bet I can find a great deal on an 800 powertek 05 left over...

Might have to get a powertek out of desperation... but an non carbed motor is what I want...

very strong and does not rely on mapping programs.
I want a motor that RELIES on mapping programs. a computer should be the way you adjust a motor, not jet replacements or fuel system pressure!

but old ways change hard!

·
Registered
553 Posts
cbr900dblr said:

Jay
They could put the 800SDI in a Rev chassie and call it 700ss (SDI)

I think in 2007 we will have a sled you, me and thousands of others wants.

·
Registered
52 Posts
why would they want to put a junk sdi in the 800 class. they still cant get the 600 class to work yet so hold off for a bit. as it is the 800 powertec runs flawlessly and gets excellent fuel mileage every bit as good as the 600 sdi and regular oil so i thank brp for staying out of the 800 class with junk sdi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts