Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the carb boots being replaced on her , I was wondering how you get the carbs off and out of the way ? I got the air box off and the two clamps holding the carbs in the boots but you can't pull the carbs out of the way with all the lines going to them. I think the main culprit is the carb heater hoses . Do you take all the lines off the carbs ? One more question for ya, how the hell do you get the mag side carb back into the boot. Mine is being quite a beoch.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Polar Bear said:
With all the carb boots being replaced on her , I was wondering how you get the carbs off and out of the way ? I got the air box off and the two clamps holding the carbs in the boots but you can't pull the carbs out of the way with all the lines going to them. I think the main culprit is the carb heater hoses . Do you take all the lines off the carbs ? One more question for ya, how the hell do you get the mag side carb back into the boot. Mine is being quite a beoch.
[snapback]731932[/snapback]​
You must unhook both carb heater lines.. MAg side is tricky as hose clamp is right near oil reservoir.. You also must unhook a few wires and then there is a small steel clip that must be removed to unhook throttle position sensor from carb. This is critical 'cause if you don't remove that clip and pull carbs off the wire will be broken...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Tony241 said:
unplug the hose from the coolant bottle instead of off the carb by the oil tank.
[snapback]732667[/snapback]​
I unhook it from the carbs(non 800 but same) that hose is on there good and if your pry or pull too hard on the coolant res, it could crack.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must unhook both carb heater lines.. MAg side is tricky as hose clamp is right near oil reservoir.. You also must unhook a few wires and then there is a small steel clip that must be removed to unhook throttle position sensor from carb. This is critical 'cause if you don't remove that clip and pull carbs off the wire will be broken...

Thanks for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts