Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if their 800 Powertek motor idles rough. I still mix a little Amsoil with my gas and I don't know if thats causing the rough idle. Temp about 25 degrees F, and fresh 93 octane. It seems like the top of my hood is going to rattle right off ! It is idling about 1500 RPM's and when I give it normal throttle to accelerate, there is no missing of the motor. It has about 400 miles on it. I greatly thank any help.
Steve.

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
The Idle is to low raise to about 1800. Have you change the plugs yet,
Has any service been done on it yet?
You might need the carbs sync a little if one of the slides is sitting higher than the other it will fight itself or vibrate alot.
also chk your motor mount bolts ,make sure there all tighten to spec.
Rich

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
What Rich said. I upped my idle as well for colder starts. Book says 1500 +/- 100 RPM, I'm at about 1600 RPM.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No no service to it yet. I'm going up to northern WI on sunday so I'll try new plugs and check the motor mounts. I'll have to suck it up until I get back, for no time for a dealer. Thanks for the info guys. One last question, do you think adding oil to the gas is overkill after 400 miles on it ????? Or do most guys run without adding that little extra ??????

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
I have run 2 full tanks through with oil added ,I'm done with added oil.
you are chking to make sure your oil in the tank is going down right.
I also chk to make sure there is no air bubbles in any of the lines every now and then.

If your running in extreme cold conditions don't forget to run the carb heater.

Rich

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
Yeah you don't need to mix the gas anymore.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I've had my PT idling beside an 03, 04HO and 05HO 800 and it definately shakes more. Seems to have more bang and pop from the exhaust too. Beside a Mach Z is funny, the hood doesn't rattle, the ski hoops aren't waqggin and the windshield isn't fluttering like a horny butterfly. They pull away like an electric golf cart too. Whooda thunk a 1000 cc twin would be smoother than the 8. Wonder if the 800 SDI will have balance shafts or save the weight ?

·
Doo Pilot
1,962 Posts
Tinker ,that description was Funny !

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.