Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just got done fine tuning my Cudney kit in my 05 800X today(that was originally in my 04 800X) and ended up with 2 short screws which I think equals 17.9 grams. I was wondering what weight everyone else has be running.I also got new yellow spring for my secondary along with a new red one from Bill(Thanks for everything Bill) as the one I had from last year was sagged out about an inch.Right now I have the yellow one in,as Bill put it "It's the stiffest #*&% spring you can get"It seems to flash about 8050 than right to 8000 ever time I nail it.Back shift seems spot on.Granted I only have long driveway about 300 ft straight then a little bend then another 200 feet straight-away and about 500-600 in field to run in,tomarrow I gonna go give it a good workout and see what the real world conditions do.Like I asked before"What weight you running with Bill's kit in 800 Power-Tek?"

·
Registered
57 Posts
my 05 needed to run on clicker 4 when stock to get 8100 and a good backshift. With bills kit and 19.2 pins the backshift was not consistant so went to a long set screw and clicker three same rpm's but alittle better backshift. May try two small set screws to see if I can keep a good consistant backshift.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from trying it out.No matter what I do for weight,mine has to be on clicker 4 to pull 8000 on tack.I'm gonna add little more weight tomarrow and see how it still pulls it.With the 17.9 on clicker 3 won't hit 8000,flashes 7600-7700 then slowler climbs to 7800.So tomarrow I'm gonna try 1 long which I think is 18.4 and try that on 4.I know Bill said it should pull 20 grams on 3,but for some reason it just like clicker 4.What do you guys think 17.1 on 3 and see what happens?It just seams like less weight make it not pull as hard.Also I forgot to add today,before I turned up the clicker from 3 to 4 I had a little peice of belt chord pull out,about 3/4 inch was all,cut it of and burnt the end of thje cord and never had any more fraying chord issues.Kinda makes me think I need a little more weight to squeeze belt harder.All the Cudney kits that have been bought and only 1 reply?*%@?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Tony,that belt is junk now,try to get warranty on it as it should be covered. Why dont you just leave your weight at 17.9 and go to clicker 4.Change pin weight later if need be. Every sled is different. Nothing wrong with clicker 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts