Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an 05 ren x 800 and am noticing a slight hiccup when I first open the throttle and when I back off the throttle. The motor has about 4 hours on it. I notice the condition most when I'm comming up to a stop. This is my first series 3 engine. I seems something is not quite right. I also notice the sled engages very hard. It goes from stop to hard acceleration. The sled is not easy to manage in tight quarters ( crowded parking lot ). Are these conditions normal? Thanks for any info.

·
Crazy Person
5,615 Posts
That stuff is normal but will get better with wear on the engine - and getting used to the throttle response.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Mine seems to engage really smooth - you can easily putt around a parking lot, etc. And absolutely zero bog out of the hole. Sounds like your clutching might need some massaging - check the belt deflection/alignment. Out of whack clutching can cause that off the line hiccup and a jerky/abrupt low end.

·
Registered
283 Posts
After 500 miles, you may have to adjust you secondary to get the belt back up above the sheaves. Shoot for somewhere around 3/32nds. Use the numbers to adjust; go up in number to raise the belt. I went from 2.5 to 3.5 to get around 3/32nds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts