Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey tug, what kind of bars and riser is that on your sled? do you have a better picture. looks sharp

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a 2003 Summit with the 800 HO motor. When the engine in my brothers 2001 800 blew up a few years ago the dealer installed a new HO motor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put a 4 inch riser and it has the stock handlebars with after market grips and stuff... also i put on the bee pad on the bars which makes it look a lot better

Attachments

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Niiiice sled. Looks wicked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
b/c i put an 04 800 H.O. in it this year... thats how i know... the only sleds that came with the H.O. motors are the REVs... so its pretty sweet to have an 800 H.O. in a ZX chassis!!!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Well how does it run? How does that motor feel in comparison, in low/mid/top end....I presume most of the increase is in the top end? How does mileage compare?

·
Registered
170 Posts
TuGHiLLBoYs said:
b/c i put an 04 800 H.O. in it this year... thats how i know... the only sleds that came with the H.O. motors are the REVs... so its pretty sweet to have an 800 H.O. in a ZX chassis!!!
[snapback]748287[/snapback]​
The 800 h.o. was offered in the zx chassis, the 03 summits.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What carbs did you install? I put 800HO in my '02 MXZ800X a couple of years ago BUT biggest advantage was get rid of the '02 carbs. I kept the '02 magneto due to having to change the wiring system because of higher output magneto with different plug-ins. What MPEM module did you stick with? I kept the '02 after talking to Ski-Doo Race dept. about having it re-programed (no need to).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
freddy2 said:
Well how does it run? How does that motor feel in comparison, in low/mid/top end....I presume most of the increase is in the top end? How does mileage compare?
[snapback]748513[/snapback]​
All round better performance... faster in the low/mid/ and high range!!! the gas milage is slightly worse b/c of the increase in motor...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bobber said:
What carbs did you install? I put 800HO in my '02 MXZ800X a couple of years ago BUT biggest advantage was get rid of the '02 carbs. I kept the '02 magneto due to having to change the wiring system because of higher output magneto with different plug-ins. What MPEM module did you stick with? I kept the '02 after talking to Ski-Doo Race dept. about having it re-programed (no need to).
[snapback]748826[/snapback]​
i kept the same carbs but had to down size the jetting... the reason for this is b/c with the REV there is less of an air box than in the ZX chassis... so since i did that... it has been running BEAUTIFUL!!! i have put on 700 miles so far with this engine and haven't had one bit of problems what so ever... it also has a huge increase in power compared to my other stock motor... but it is also ported and has high performance pistons and rings and also has dome head inserts...

i also had Goodwin Performance make me a specialized clutch kit... j/ for my sled and motor... and i'll tell u that there ain't no one that can touch me in 1000 feet...

my buddy has an F7 that is 100% all decked out with a boondocker kit and all... and he couldn't even touch me... well i beat him by a sled length... but still... winning is winning... and thats all this sled seems to do now!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts