Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just came home after 100 mile ride in southern WI and noticed how poor the throttle response was vs my dad's 16 800. My 12 xrs 800 just had a new top end done for Warranty with 300 now on the top end. With a total of 600 on the machine. My dad's 16 xrs 800 would pull your arms off but my 12 was very lazy feeling. Also about the 12 seat is there anyway to soften it up. The seat feels like riding a brick. Thanks woodsy.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
600 total miles....really ? did they put it back in break in mode ? I know that my 12 X felt much better after the piston recall was done, is that what you're talking about ? Of course mine had 3000 miles when done, replaced reeds with v force and a new drive spring and the updated flash. I know the original reeds were tattered, and it was time for the spring, but actually had to click down as the identical set up with stock reeds ran 7900 rpm, but after the work was done, that clicker setting gave me 8100 rpm. make sure your drive belt tension is on the tight side as that will always give you the best bottom end response. Good Luck !

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to check the belt tension as like u said it may be loose. It had the top end done at 300 miles and I got it at 500 and put a 100 on it the other day. It also idle poor in the morning but better as the day went on that's why I believe it's still in break in but the previous owner knew nothing about the sled he thought it was still in break in.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just readjusted the belt it was way to low after that 100 mile ride. Little hard to test it out with out snow at home. Thank you for the reply. What is everyone using to keep the yellow plastics clean?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi guys. Just came home after 100 mile ride in southern WI and noticed how poor the throttle response was vs my dad's 16 800. My 12 xrs 800 just had a new top end done for Warranty with 300 now on the top end. With a total of 600 on the machine. My dad's 16 xrs 800 would pull your arms off but my 12 was very lazy feeling. Also about the 12 seat is there anyway to soften it up. The seat feels like riding a brick. Thanks woodsy.
I rode a 2012 and 2016 back to back, and the 2016 was much crisper.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would gearing down 2 teeth on the top help?

·
Registered
307 Posts
seeing that you only have 600 miles on a 2012 and its already needed a top end, how old is your fuel? yes, dropping 2 teeth will help. they also may have put it back in break in mode.

·
Xrs_800
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just filled the sled up when I went riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts