Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 800 etec freeride with 3900 kilometres. I was after riding it hard in the mountains all day, about half way through the day I noticed a couple drops of what I thought was a mixture of water and break dust on the running board next to the brake cover but didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary. On the way out of the mountains, almost home around 9:00pm I noticed my belt slipping. I'm after putting a DJ clutch kit on the sled so for those of you that have installed these kits you know the toungston rods (6.2 gram weights) are held in with set screws. I have had these set screws actually back out all the way resulting in the toungston rod coming out therefore missing a weight and allowing my sled to rev limit. Nbd, I caught on right away and replaced the weight and set screws, sled ran top notch after. This is why I thought my belt was slipping, I thought maybe the setscrews snuck out again (yes I applied lock right to set screws). When I got home I hauled off the side panel and belt guard. Oil is everywhere on my clutches, underneath the clutches, at the start of the running board and on the brake disc cover, and all up the side of my engine but nothing on top of the engine. It looks the same as if you dumped a bottle of oil in there. What the h*ll is going on...

·
Registered
307 Posts
oil tank breather check valve? mine failed last year, oil everywhere because they vent it straight over the engine, real smart... i routed mine down to the right side foot well with a new check valve.

·
Registered
307 Posts
mine did this also, not sure if it was a bad rave valve gasket or something else, since i cleaned the valves before last trip. got back oil everywhere. i guess ill have to check the oil feed lines to the raves as well.. and maybe something on the oil tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the helps guys. Sounding a lot better then what I was thinking was going on which was a bad crank seal... Going to have a good look at it in the next couple hours I'll keep you updated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts