Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought I'd post something helpful.

It's been a while since I searched this so someone might have beaten me too it.

Seems to me that every time I go looking for the part number an automotive pump that works for our sleds it ends up being a goose chase, and I end up scrolling through old texts for 2 hours to find it.

So without further ado

The pump that fits is a Spectra Premium SP1113.

I'm sure that there are other pumps that may work/fit better, but this is the only one that I know of, and it gets the job done.

One disclaimer though, I put this pump in my buddies sled last season, and somehow the supplied adapter harness didn't plug in correctly and one of the pins wasn't mated with it's corresponding mate, they were just side by side. It worked that way for the rest of last season and part way into this one. That's when we found my error, if you hold the connector just wrong it cocks the pins.

Hopefully others who have found other pumps that work will add to this

Reactions: Daag44

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice find! Any splicing the wires required, or is it plug and play?
Pretty much plug and play. There is an adapter harness to go from the new pump to the Doo plug. That's were I messed up. A little extra attention there is all that's needed.
The pick up screen is different too, but if you're handy enough to get the pump out and apart those things are no big deal

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29,442 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it needs the adapter, but it also looks like it has the adapter already.

I think Walbro makes our fuel pump. I meant to dig into that further when I did my buddies pump, but I think it got thrown out. BRP is greedy, they probably took a pump Walbro already makes, and just changed one little thing so it can have it's own part number, and now you can only get that part number through BRP at an extremely inflated price.

I'm sure those Quantum pumps would be fine too. I just wanted something I could get from my local parts store, because when a pump goes you don't have time to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive. Winter is short!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts