Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three 800 etec' cruising across lake and motors are cutting out for a second or two at 6800 rpm. Let off the throttle for a second and everything normal. One is a 2012, one is a 2013 and one is 2015. Run beautiful otherwise. Any ideas?

·
Winter Activist
1,271 Posts
My 16 does it every now and then doing research its fairly common in break in mode. I feel like its to restrict you from melting down a piston, only really happens to me when im hard on it like at 6800rpm for 5 min then punch it wot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
Have any of you been to a dealer in awhile?

buddy had the same issue on his 14', and the dealer flashed in a update and it took care of it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
^^^ Good point. Maybe the fuel map is a little to lean under the conditions that you are riding in.

Try some seafoam. Maybe the injectors are a little dirty.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My 2015 800 etec has same issue....

It did it a few times last year. This year it was doing this more frequently.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My 2011 did this a little while in break in. However, since then it only has happend when i have cruised at 150km/h+ at 3/4 or 7/8 throttle for about 25 minutes and go to punch it to wot, with the temp gauge at 5 bars.

Could be bad gas as well. Letting of for a second then getting on it clears it all up for another 5 minutes or so. The motor telling you its getting hot and wants a break i guess.

·
Registered
342 Posts
sounds like the engine is hot or it is running lean. check your intake boots and also pto seals. Maybe a sniffer test with ether???

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Too rich or too lean. Find which one.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Not much of a problem when your sled is running rich :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
My oil consumption is fine. Uses same amount as friends 2016 800 etec that I ride with.

I stopped into my dealer asked the service guy....he has not clue why it would be cutting out. Said maybe it's the clutches.

Snow is gone now. So won't know till next season.

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
ummm

the SHR exhaust valve mod is what fixes this exact problem...BJ

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine did the exact same also sometimes. Cycling throttle above 7200-WOT would fall on its face. Let go of the gas hit again and it's back. Even after I had a new shortblock installed and the primary rebuilt. I was pissed. First run out it was Falling pretty frequent I was paying a lot of attention to my rpm gauge and it seemed at certain speeds the sled would be revving higher then it seemed like it should have been for the speed I was going. Also finishing up our day on LSP I kept the rpms right at under 8000 and voila, no bog or miss. So determined to finish off strong after installing the engine I would replace some more stuff lol. After that first run I changed the fuel filters, clicked down the clutch, I also switched to brp oil, initially running ams oil. I did all this just before my last ride and I finished off with 2 days 500km with zero issues ran the trees, rail beds, lakes so lots of testing at different speeds and rpms was being done. This issue seems to be around people have the same symptoms but there's no exact answers. It's really hard to get insight, some say fueling, clutching, electrical. It's a needle in a hay stack unless it throws it code.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts