Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was having power fade issues. It seemed alright in the trails but when I pulled out on a lake it would pull 8100 rpm right off the bat but would start to loose RPMs in about 30 seconds.

The cause turned out to be a drop of water in the small vacume hose between the RAVE valves and the solenoids. What I figure was happening was that engine heat kept this water droplet warm at trail speeds but when I opened it up on a lake the cold air rushing through the engine compartment froze the water droplet. This blocked the vacume hose and the rave valves closed reducing power and RPMs. 900 Kms on my sled so far this year with no fade.

·
Super Moderator
29,350 Posts
That actually makes sense. Wouldn't it be amazing if that fixed them all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've owned it since new. It took 2 years for this problem to arise. I think the water built up slowly from condensation. I took the hoses and solenoids off and blew them out. i did that in the spring after the season ended but I didn't want to post it until I was sure this solved my problem. For the last 900 KMs it has never happened again.

·
Premium Member
27,909 Posts
I remove a set of rave valves tonight off of a 600. I was dumbfounded to find several large water droplets resting on the guillotine valves.

Good find and I will keep it in mind.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Wow, wouldn't think that would cause that... good to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts