Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try 8 tooth drivers? That's what I'd have to use in my REV to go to a 144 x 16 x 2" track without rolling the chaincase. Too small or will it be "okay"? Need to decide if I want to go thru the hassle or just spring check the new 800R Summit OR stuff a 136 x 16 x 1.75" under her keeping my 9 tooth standard drivers. The new Summit X package is sweet but BIG $'s!!!

Thanks,

G

·
Registered
151 Posts
gman086 said:
Anyone try 8 tooth drivers? That's what I'd have to use in my REV to go to a 144 x 16 x 2" track without rolling the chaincase. Too small or will it be "okay"? Need to decide if I want to go thru the hassle or just spring check the new 800R Summit OR stuff a 136 x 16 x 1.75" under her keeping my 9 tooth standard drivers. The new Summit X package is sweet but BIG $'s!!!

Thanks,

G
[snapback]752847[/snapback]​
It'll be a gear ratio reduction equivalent to a two tooth reduction on the top gear is all. You should be OK as long as your gearing is stock - other wise you may want to add a tooth. You'll want lower gearing to keep that paddle track spinning though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would not have any problem with the 8 tooth drivers. The benefit of the 2"
track is worth it. I would recommend installing 8" rear idlers on your skid as well. This GREATLY reduces the rolling resistence and frees up the HP. If you up your top gear by one then the rest can(should ) be taken care of with a possible helix change. Back to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.