Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has added 8" risers to their X model and know if you need the throttle cable extension kit or anything else to do it. I have the 6" risers stock. I would like to raise it 2-3 more inches. But i dont have the snowmobile here to ck it out. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an 04 x. Which position did the handle bars come in originally? If i understand right I can add 2 more inches by changing the postion of the bars to the high or forward postion? How big of job is this and what exactly do you have to do/take apart??? Any help would be appreciated, I only need a little more height of the bars to stand comfortably. Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
480 Posts
Very easy.... just take your pad off the handle bars and everything is right there...4 bolts on bottom and 4 on top. Just loosen them up and adjust to what you'd like. However when you're done you'll have to readjust the brake/throttle/handguards. Wont take you long at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was talking about the whole post. The X's for some reason are at the bottom bolt. The reg rev is in the front bolt.
Just remove your windshild, and there is four hex bolts holding the spedo and tach on. It is so much easier to do this with them out of your way. Also for some strange reason they are two different size hex bolts. Once your speedo and tach are out of the way you will see where your post goes though a bracket. Remove the two bolts holding the post in place, move the post forward and put the front bolt though the back hole to hold it in place. Now you will have to drill the forward most hole. Be real careful with the metal filings when you drill. Now put your front bolt in! And your done... It helps to have a second set of hands....
I hope my explaination is ok... Sorry I have no pics as I am at work

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I put the Summitt X block on my 04 X gade no problems in 1000 miles. Per Doo if you use there riser no need to change cables.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I moved the steering column forward as well and have an 5 1/4" riser. Just one note when drilling the forward hole, I first drilled a small pilot hole to try to line it up. Good ting I missed the first time and then readjusted and drilled on the other side of the bracket and it lined up perfect, the nut even covered the small pilot hole. Good luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good advice, add that to what I said and you will be rollin....
p.s. when its that high don't expect to ride sitttin down. It feels like a chopper!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I put the 8" Summit riser block on and ther were no issues with cables-just had to cut some zip ties and re-route if needed. My post is in the lower position and I can stand comfortably(I am 6'4"). I think the stock X riser is 4"??? The bigger block completely changes the way I ride the sled-AWESOME!

G

·
2k2mxzolympic700 said:
I put the 8" Summit riser block on
Anyone got the part number for that one. The largest one my book shows is 130 mm ( 5.11 in ) and the part number is 860601100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts