Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first trip to Maine last week. We stayed at Eagle Lake. Had a cabin right by the lake. Trip was absolutely amazing. First day of riding we headed north to Fort Kent, then crossed into New Brunswick and hit some awesome trails. Trail 41 was FAST!!! from there it just got better. Rode up to Rivier du loop, Quebec and spent the night there. Day 2 we headed west at first and then south. Crossed back into the states and came through the "Gash" and back to the cabin at Eagle Lake. We did 310 miles in day 2. Day 3 headed south to Portage, then over through Caribou. Caribou kinda sucked but once we got over to the border trail it was insane. Wide open for what seemed like forever. My little 600 was singing but she handled it flawlessly. Had a great meal at the Lakeview on Long Lake. Went through Frenchville and back to Eagle Lake. Total mileage was 718 in three days. Trails were mint, especially in Canada. Can't wait to do it again next year. Nice job with the trails in Maine you guys, right up there with the best especailly for the lack of snow.

·
Registered
759 Posts
x we did the same areas on friday and saturday this weekend , were you there for the isf , too bad we may have passed and never knew it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I did the same trip a couple of weeks ago. Lakeview was great food, trails were 10+ and the people were very friendly. We usually ride in Greenville/Rangeley/Pitt but Ft. Kent is #1 on my list.

200+ a day in no problem.

It was -24 without the wind when I was there but it didn't ruin our fun

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ya i heard all good things. We went to Kakadjo near Moosehead Lake and riding was awesome were going back in 3 weeks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll be leaving from Rangeley and heading to fort kent this weekend and all of next week. hopefully some of the snow they are predicting will make it to up there.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Thanks for the pics, they were sweet. I just got back from a trip to Rangeley and the guys that I went with said the best riding they have ever done in their life was in Ft Kent and Portage, other than the hard 8 hour drive, they say it is worth it for a sweet trip and incredible trails. Keep sharing.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cr500r said:
Thanks for the pics, they were sweet. I just got back from a trip to Rangeley and the guys that I went with said the best riding they have ever done in their life was in Ft Kent and Portage, other than the hard 8 hour drive, they say it is worth it for a sweet trip and incredible trails. Keep sharing.
[snapback]304584[/snapback]​
If you go to Ft. Kent you have to cross into New Brunswick. Take trail 41 as soon as you cross. Its worth paying the $45 canadian for the 1-day pass. My jaw was in my lap the whole time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just can't keep our secret. 8000 km of groomed well marked trails. You should have headed to moose valley over to mt.carlton,long lake,and stayed in bathurst .
Some of the best sledding to be found anywhere.

·
Registered
759 Posts
try moosevalley when you come up ythis way , you cross suspension bridges and travel in some un believable scenery , if you need a contact or info pm me or nbrenegade that area is out
his back door

·
Registered
676 Posts
Was up there last week too. Stayed at Track Down Kennels in Ft. Kent. Must say the trail conditions around Ft. kent and in NB were awesome. i will argue with you about the well posted trails comment for NB. Worst marked trails I've ever been on. Giving some slack for low snow so posts couldn't be put up, there were intersections for Trail 12 that had North South plaques 100yds apart at intersections. A section of Trail 23 wasn't marked and couldn't be found near Plaster Rock. border crossing for Trail 12 across the St John river couldn't be found in the dark and the next day we needed a local fella to point us to it. Hard to get lost up off 41 and 17 and 19 I have to admit. And again the trail conditions were awesome. I really did enjoy the riding. Now that I have some idea as to what goes where, I'd go back in a heartbeat. But a few more signs would be OK with me.

·
Registered
829 Posts
thats funny. we were in eagle lake last week also. rented a cabin (overlook motel) right on the lake. we had a huge grey trailer that said TES racing on the side.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the place I like to call home, Maine!
Am I gloating? No, because it's 40 degrees and raining and we're losing snow!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotspeed24 said:
thats funny. we were in eagle lake last week also. rented a cabin (overlook motel) right on the lake. we had a huge grey trailer that said TES racing on the side.
[snapback]304887[/snapback]​
We were in cabin 1. We stayed Tuesday-Saturday. Were you in the group where one guy just packed up and left? What vehicle was towing that trailer? Small world.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey, i live in Fort Kent and have gone to most of the places you have been. Its nice riding but right now its raining and alot of the trails are bare, but tommorow were supposed to have a storm coming. Expecting about 12+ inches of snow. That will make things better.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I love Greenville but Ft Kent was the BEST I've ever seen.

Fresh powder, we put the first tracks down that trail from Dickey all the way to the border one morning. Didn't matter it was -24.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes, it's the powerlines headed towards Frenchville. It's like a rollercoaster, you can feel your stomache drop and then rise again at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts