Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question out of curiosity, I have seen several pictures of 79 Super Sonics with the older style hood with the low headlight(which I actually prefer). Question is, is this correct or should they have the bigger headlight like the 79 7500.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats what I expected but happen to see several with the small light. Owners choice I suppose. Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
You are welcome.
It may not necessarily be owners choice, it may be confusion when restoring for some people. There is a lot of pre-production literature on the net that shows the small headlight with chrome trim and some literature even shows it with RV handlebars. I think with more pictures of incorrect restorations on the web it just creates more confusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
The 76, 77 & 78 hoods have the small headlight.....79 got a bigger one. The 79 photo shoot sleds (ski-doo as well) were all re-stickered 78's, the production change and run was after the shoot for the promotional materials.

I used the small headlight hood on my 79 resto, just like the brochures......... even though I knew better, I just like the way it looks over the big light version.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I agree. Common, as in the 76 RV add, and the 78. Was going to post pictures but too much PITA. Wish it was easier to post pictures on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts