Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Everest 440 that has been sitting for quite a few years. I cleaned tank, cleaned carb, put all new lines on and a new screen in the tank. It fires up and idles pretty good. Trouble is it will only rev to 6000 and is really boggy. Seems to be flooding the mag side cylinder. What’s causing this? Only thing I don’t clean was the fuel pump but if I’m getting fuel so it’s working, correct? It either works or doesn’t? Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Bandit, you are going to drive yourself nuts trying to keep so many sleds running!.

My guess, since you have gone through the fuel system you will have to check the overall health of the engine, compression,seals. After that you are going to have to pick apart the ignition system. Maybe you have a weak coil or something.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes too many sleds, lol.
Compression is good, can't remember off hand exactly though. So the fuel pump should have nothing to do with this problem, right? I have some lighted spark testers that go in line. It looks good all the way through the rpm range. Both cylinders are sparking evenly. Put new AB-7 plugs in, no difference. Carb specs are factory correct. Where else should I look? Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I changed the needle and seat. Still flooding mag side. Would it be possible that even though I have spark testers in line and it “looks” fine could I still have a bad coil mag side?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Switch coil from side to side if problem moves.Have you check points condition and setting ? Do you have spark caps made of kinda bakelite,could be cracked .

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks. I’ll switch coils. No haven’t checked points. I changed mag side cap already. Thanks for tips ????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts