Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Everyone I must say I am very very disapointed in the coverage of the sno cross. I mean *%@! Snowmobiler's out number the snow boarder's 10 fold and they have 2 f'n hours of coverage, and snocross get's 10 or 15 minutes. I suggest that ESPN get there heads out of there "edit for bad language"'s in a hurry.

to ESPN here is to your backside triple double

·
Premium Member
7,316 Posts
I'll second that one rag....I mean really, are long haired snowboarders really athletes anway to get that much coverage?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Superman said:
I'll second that one rag....I mean really, are long haired snowboarders really athletes anway to get that much coverage?

[snapback]690299[/snapback]​
Actually yes they are! I personally know 2 of the metal winners and enjoyed seeing them on tv. Because they travel so much I don't get to see them anymore.

I would like to see more snowcross too, but don't rag on other sports that you don't understand.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,774 Posts
TOBIGHT AT 9:pm eastern time 6:pm western time snow corss on ESPN or ESPN2

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I know the sport well, just making a point. ESPN needs to give it (snocross) more coverage. PERIOD

No body said anything about it beeing a sport or not my friend. Im glad you know sno border's.

But I do not care to see them for 2 freaken hours all attempting to do the same tricks.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
rag24 said:
I know the sport well, just making a point. ESPN needs to give it (snocross) more coverage. PERIOD

No body said anything about it beeing a sport or not my friend. Im glad you know sno border's.

But I do not care to see them for 2 freaken hours all attempting to do the same tricks.
[snapback]690333[/snapback]​
actually, superman did question whether "long haired snowboarders" are athletes anyway.

if you don't like it...don't watch it!!!!!

I would like to see more snow cross, and some in the pits interaction between racers. but I'm not going to bad mouth another sport bacause i would like to see more of mine!

How would you like the snowborders bad mouthing the air time snowmobilers got?
Have a little respect for others!!

if you want to see more sledding-that's fine! but holy scrap! have some respect for other sports!

·
Premium Member
7,316 Posts
rag24 said:

[snapback]690333[/snapback]​

rag, let's have a beer...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Superman said:

[snapback]690299[/snapback]​
Have you ever seen the average snowmobiler? Most of them are not close to what I would call an athlete.

I figure snowboarding was in the X Games 2 years before snowcross, so they may get a little more coverage. I also question the accuracy of the 75,000 snowboarders vs. 3 million snowmobilers. Snowboarding is one of the fastest growing sports around. If snowmobiling has that big of an advantage, I doubt it will last for too much longer.

Plus, what more snowmobiling do they want to show? I am a little tired of hearing the same clips about Morgan and Hibbert. They have shown every second of the snowcross and have had a ton of behind the scenes little tidbits. Tonight it is the showcase event and should take up most of the coverage. I hope they do not cut into the Tanner Hall/Simon Dumont skier superpipe too much. Hopefully that does not turn into a battle of the 1080s like everything else...

·
Registered
85 Posts
i agree all the way around:
the coverage of snowcross as an event, and as a sport could definitely be better.
the amount of on-air time spent covering snowboarding is more than spent on snowcross, and personally very boring with little action or excitement besides the announcers yelling and the occasional cow bell.

and how bout the moto-x event, in the WINTER x-games, postponed due to flurries?? now that's amusing...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
it does seem like the snowboarders are just doin the same thing over again...grind the rail, hit a jump, hit another jump, grind again, do some 720's and then finnaly....the 1080 attempt. once in a while a guy throws in something creative. im not sayin snowboarding isn't a sport cause its awesome what some of them guys do. but it does get a little boring once in a while, and imo snocross is a lot more exciting. but o well thats the way it is

·
Registered
941 Posts
75000, get real. HALF the people on the slopes are boarders and I guarantee there are more than 3 million. My son is a back flipper 1080 dude so I know a little about this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
okverne said:
and how bout the moto-x event, in the WINTER x-games, postponed due to flurries?? now that's amusing...
[snapback]690738[/snapback]​
WHICH IS EXACTY WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE FREESTYLE SNOCROSS....MAKES SENSE TO ME!!!! THEY CAN DO ALL THE SAME TRICKS AS MOTO-X.....IMAGINE IF THEY HAD FREESTYLE SNOCROSS IN THE SUMMER INSTEAD OF MOTO-X...PEOPLE WOULD BE LIKE *%@!?!?!?! AND THEN POSTPONE THE EVENT CUZ OF LACK OF SNOW!!!!!!!! I DON'T GET IT.....?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I agree about the poker. That is NOT a sport. It it not even CLOSE to being a sport. They do not even play any other games besides boring "edit for bad language"ed texas hold 'em. I can handle the pool and the bowling and even the spelling bee, but poker has got to go.

I said on a differnt thread the freestyle moto x has no place in the winter x games. They already have enough of it in the summer. Get rid of it and bring in the sleds. Does anyone think Quinlan, Frisby, or Hoyer would plead to have the event postponed due to some snow? It is the freaking WINTER X games, it is supposed to snow!

Oh yea, I did like the fact that everything was live this year. I hope they can continue that every year. I would like to see more events as well and a few more days. Bring back hillcross and through in skier and snowboard quarter pipe. OR, how about a tow in ramp with sleds? Did you see that footage of Simon Dumont on that tow in last night? That dude used a few of his nine lives on that stunt...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Who gets air time has more to do with the fan base and the sponsors/advertisers.

I personally would like to see more snow-X, hill-x and freestyle in the x-games.

I don't know about you guys - but was that girl that won gold in the half pipe fugly? It hurt to look at her, I had to look away every time they interviewed her.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Irondog said:
Who gets air time has more to do with the fan base and the sponsors/advertisers.

I personally would like to see more snow-X, hill-x and freestyle in the x-games.

I don't know about you guys - but was that girl that won gold in the half pipe fugly? It hurt to look at her, I had to look away every time they interviewed her.

[snapback]692597[/snapback]​
You mean the girl with the goatee?

·
Registered
151 Posts
therealsnowdog said:
how about a tow in ramp with sleds? Did you see that footage of Simon Dumont on that tow in last night? That dude used a few of his nine lives on that stunt...
[snapback]692502[/snapback]​
That would definatley be X-TREME. I'd like to see that or some type of sked/skier combo event like the Arcticman.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.