Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Joining here just to sell my families 73' Elan 250. We've owned it since the mid 80s but no one rides anymore and its time for it to find a new home.

Its very original and has lots of great parts. Off the top of my head it has the handle bar pad, bombardier fuel filter, and bombardier grips in excellent shape.

I couldn't get the engine to spark but it turns over easily and doesn't make any bad noises. There isn't any major scoring on the cylinder and all of the fuel, ignition, and exhaust components are there.

The chassis is a bit corroded but certainly repairable. The front bumper is bent and there is a one 8" dent on the underside at the front. And on one of the sides its slightly bent where the cab meets the chassis.

The cab is in excellent shape. A few light scratches but not a single crack or bit of damage.

It's really in great shape for a restoration and its easier for me to list the parts it doesn't have. As far as i know the only parts missing are the seat cover which was cracked and dried out (i still have the foam and even the little metal vents on the sides at the back of the seat) and the air filter box.

And then one of the leaf springs is cracked and the tail light housing cracked with i tried to take it apart.

Well i hope this gives you a rough idea of what i have for sale. It's best to contact me with any questions through my email- [email protected] Or my cell- (989) 600-8737. Name is Keith.

I was told by Dave at vintage ski-doo parts its worth $300 easy. So I'm asking $250.

Here is a link to my google web album with all the pictures.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104884654854095518058/September82011

And I'm in Midland, MI.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That's a good deal even with the few shortcomings. You'll get your asking price for sure, just be patient. The sum of the parts is easily worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, doubleT!

I feel like its a very good price too considering the cab and handle bar pad are worth 4/5 of the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts