Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ride a vintage 72 TNT 440 and I can't tell you how much I enjoy this machine. My cousin had one when we were kids so it memory lane all over again. "Makes me feel like a big kid". So if you're my age and you are thinking about it…then do it…go out and get the vintage sled you had when you were young and get ready to feel the same way . Don't forget to get er up to snuff too.

When I ride the TNT, it makes me feel like a kid but more like a cowboy riding a bucking bronco. I enjoy the thrill and excitement of it all. When the trail gets rough you either hold on and give-er more or slow down and moan. When I get home after a 50 mile trip I'm ready for a two day rest. This proved to me that I had a good work out.

When crossing springs or climbing hills you have to nail it, hit the dips hard and the TNT flys up in the air, skis bouncing up and down and then you hit the ground running hard. This is very exciting. I try to keep my feet in out of the stirrups most of the time but sometimes you need em. My favorite riding style is one knee on the seat and the other on the deck switching back and forth as you corner. You have to lean and hold on or you will roll-er-over. If I have a long ride that is flat and smooth I put my fee all the way up into the hood but I feel funny doing this.

As far as add ons I have the spreaders and I like em. I know it made a difference.

I attached a video but it's a semi rough trail that I know well.

Tune in and ride a 72 TNT with me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great ride man. I love your enthusiasm. It is all about reliving your childhood. It definitely brings back that " kid" feeling. Lol

·
Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,527 Posts
I always liked that view over the square windshield and the sound of the motor
brings back a lot of memories.

I'm jealous, please more pictures.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Awesome video,I have ridden a 340,400, 640, and 775 but not a 440. Thanks for the ride.

DSC03719-vi.jpg

·
Registered
451 Posts
That was great. The 440 does sound different than my 340. I think it would be awesome to see the sled from the side on this ride. Thanks for taking us along, and thank you for not "mucking it up " with some music instead of the Rotax. Great trail, wish I could be out there with my T'NT as well. Keep it comin !

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great video, The 440 was a strong runner in the day when it was cold out. They didn't like warm days.

Thanks, this makes me want to get the piped 775 out and go for a ride.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Great ride, I relate to the kid thing. Now Im getting all the cool sleds that we werent allowed to ride when we were young. Going after a 74 TNT 440 next weekend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts