Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm at 7000 kms on my 04 gade 800, had a new top end on warranty at 3500 kms (pistons and rings) to replace the flaking rings. I dont think I'll ride a whole lot more this yr. Just wandering what I should doo? Complete tear down to check if everything is up to specs? I ride hard, lots of bumps and on as well as off trail including 2 7 day trips to the rockies. I'm pulling about 152 compression cold, 140-145 hot on both cyl. and just changed the boots. Is the bottom end good for another 3k? Been running very good up to now. I'm thinking of selling it at the end of next yr...

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
I would pull the jugs and check for any damage and make sure clearances are all still within spec. To be on the safe side replace both crank seals and inspect/replace the crank bearings.

But if you plan on getting rid of it just go for a top end teardown and do a carb/brake cleaner spray test on the crank seals, unless you want to get right into it anyways...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My SDI is creeping up on 11000KMS with piston and rings at 9000kms. If you are going to replace it next season just ride it. I'm figuring bottom end at 20000kms....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts