Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an rev 700. going to put on crank shop pipes.
then im wondering what stingers do i use?
what more can i do to get hk?
porting?
carburators?
670 pistons?
what ignition is best?

need help here guys

·
Back in the game. Again.
845 Posts

simplicity at it's finest.

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts
got an rev 700. going to put on crank shop pipes.
then im wondering what stingers do i use?
what more can i do to get hk?
porting?
carburators?
670 pistons?
what ignition is best?

need help here guys
I've never in my life heard of anyone using 670 pistons? The 670 motor was a rotary valve motor. 700 is reed induction. Completely different. Different stroke and bore. Not sure what you mean by what ignition is the best. Best ignition is probably the one that works! Get your cylinders sent out to be ported. Call crankshop and get some custom pipes. You can only get 600 or 800 pipes unless they are custom made. Although the 800 pipes are usable, most power will be with some that are tuned for that motor.

·
Shortbus member
1,026 Posts
I was gonna do this here was some replies

What has to be done to run these pistons/ the re the same bore just different domes? what to tell the machine shop? I emailed Kelsey & told Him I would take a new head that can run these & he never got back to me.

Thanks
Randy
Seed_Man
02-16-2008, 11:16 AM
You should be able to just drop them in. Make sure you get the HO pistons, they have a flat top. The regular have a domed top will up your compression to much.
zx670
02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
they will drop right in but the dome on the 670 ho pistons are a tad higher that the oem 700 pistons, the squish will be a bit tighter and compression will be raised quite a bit, we did several like this and they ran great but we are at 10,000ft, at sea level you would have to install a thicker base gasket or run good fuel
extremsledder
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
i have a 2000 700 summit with 670 ho pistions in it and it works good but iam also running a cudney racing head kit with a spacer undering the jugs that comes with the new dome so my compresion satyed the same
BIG JOHN
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
What has to be done to run these pistons/ the re the same bore just different domes? what to tell the machine shop? I emailed Kelsey & told Him I would take a new head that can run these & he never got back to me.

Thanks
Randy

I have been doing this kit since 2000...use 670HO pistons...measure bore/piston for a .055"-.006" piston clearances...hone cylinders as needed..use DOO pistons...start with a 5 hole base gasket (to be close to factory squish)...I usually use a 8 hole and cut the head to match...BJ

670 HO pistons in 700?
Who has done this to their 700 twin? Big John recommends the factory pistons. Has anyone tried the SPI ones instead? The main attraction is the dual ring configuration. Does anyone know a good crank shop in CO? I need to freshen up my 2003 700 summit and see if I can ride it another couple of winters until I can afford a newer one. Snow is slow coming this year.
Tom

·
Ex Racer relegated to Mechanic
3,814 Posts
I have a brand new set of Wiseco 670 pistons, 1mm overbore that will be perfect for what you are looking at doing. I also have all the build specs. for a 734cc engine out of your 700 twin with the 670 pistons.

Mike

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
I've never in my life heard of anyone using 670 pistons? The 670 motor was a rotary valve motor. 700 is reed induction. Completely different. Different stroke and bore. Not sure what you mean by what ignition is the best. Best ignition is probably the one that works! Get your cylinders sent out to be ported. Call crankshop and get some custom pipes. You can only get 600 or 800 pipes unless they are custom made. Although the 800 pipes are usable, most power will be with some that are tuned for that motor.
Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!! Using 670 pistons is very common in the 700's as they're dual ring and only 0.001" larger bore.

As for the OP, run 600HO mod pipes and get some porting done to your cylinders. The 700 is ported very conservative from the factory. It simply won't make power above 8000 which is when the pipes are really starting to make power. Most guys run all 600HO stuff...carbs, ignition, exhaust. That's what I had on my stock 700 and it ran quite well.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
extreme films,

Do you ever post something of value? ever? holy smokes..

I have a custom 760cc big bore...Call LArry up at the Crank shop...hell take the mxz 700 trail pipes and fit them in the rev chassis...Mine work GREATT!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts