Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was out at a buddies cottage ran a poker run ,opened the hood low on coolant ,didn`t see any external leaks, filled it,then did a speed run on the lake rpms were low so I opened the hood and there was antifreeze on the clutch side of the motor and in the belly pan.Compression test pto 125 mag 141.We pressure tested coolant system and hold 15 psi *%@!I heard 800`s can push out the base gasket but what about the 700`s?We looked in the spark plug hole and rave the jug looks good and so does the piston,we are a little stumped to what is going on any info would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some info on this ,pistons and jug were in good shape what happened is the rave seal went on the mag ,filling up the bellow with oil,thus the rave wouldn`t open(explains rpm problem) which in turn over worked pto side ,heated and blew out base gasket.On a good note before this happened I took out 02 700 pol and a 05 700 pol
I did get to try a 06 800 ptek renegade nice power, would have loved to race it but it was down!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts