Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 1998 summit 670 he bought without the official paper work and it seems to lack the power that my 99X has. Its blue which tells me its a 98, but on their website they dont list an x model. I also has the newer skis and the pipe with the side outlet. Any suggestions?
Thanx

·
Registered
985 Posts
AKF1R3 said:
My friend has a 1998 summit 670 he bought without the official paper work and it seems to lack the power that my 99X has. Its blue which tells me its a 98, but on their website they dont list an x model. I also has the newer skis and the pipe with the side outlet. Any suggestions?
Thanx
[snapback]689554[/snapback]​
98 Summit X 670. It was blue with a bare aluminum tunnel, lightweight seat, 1.75" track with shaved 9 tooth drivers. Has the hood with the cutouts and plastic louvres at the knees. Padded handlebar cover with mountain bar.

The X motor has DPM and DESS. They made the std 670 Summit in 98 also. If he has a key its a std 670, a DESS tether and it's the x.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They definately made them... it was a late release and is the only sled my dad ever bought new.... every time he rides it he thanks me for begging him not to just settle for the 583.

Major differences are they have the bare tunnel vs black. Yellow trailing arms vs black and it also says summit x and has dpm graphics on it.

DPM is obviously a set above the HAC that came on all the other models and the summit x also came w/ 44mm carbs vs the 40mm of the plain 670

Ours came with a 2" paddle track right out of the box straightfrom ski doo.

The seat is also slightly different as it has a styrofoam insert and weighs alot less.
Makes you sit higher and ski doo was trying their ultra sticky seat technology that doesn't let you move around at all (def had to be reupolsterd sp?)

I don't know about the other models but it has the same gearing as the 98 mxzx 440 race sled.

Nothing can touch it on the hardpack untill it tops out around 90mph(but a 2" track will do that)

Oh yea it also was one of the first sleds to have the flex skis and yea it does have the side exit pipe(likes to be hot for best performance)

·
Registered
22 Posts
well take the numbers off of the tunnel and go into your local dealer and have them put into boss web. The HO have nicisel clylinders, DESS, lager ports all the stuff the 670 should have hade. Far as not staying with yours. What do you have. Do they have the same track, gearing, clutching, clickers, motor in good shape pulls right RPMs clutch aligment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts