Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 97 670 summit blew up, the piston lost the top and parts of the ring on mag side, scored the head, cylinder, and only now, i removed the rotary valve and a piece of ring must have nicked the rotary -- the case has 1/8" deep circle groove cut into case.. can this be fixed, new case, ? new motor,, already bored +.20 , and bought the parts?? any help would be great..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not to sound like the last guy, but my friend has a summit 670 I think its 97 or 98. That he is selling, its absolutley mint and has low miles. He's got the matching 583 also, If you decide to buy another contact me, I'll give you his number. [email protected] he's in N.H., If your gonna fix it call Als snowmobile in Vermont for a price on a used motor. Unfortunately if you cant have the mark on your case repaired you'll have to get a new set. And they come as a set, machined as a pair. Not cheap! Or check ebay, always totalled sleds on there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
H.O.Rider said:
Go to SnowmobileWorld.com, look under parts.
Sciencemagic has a plate for $25
[snapback]301062[/snapback]​
thanks for the tip horider, have any experience installing this plate?? i suppose the case needs to be milled,, my local machine shop wants too mu ch for setup.. any other way, might just buy new cases or short block.. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.