Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a 1994 583 that someone did a nice engine swap to a 670. Great motor but big fat heavy sled. I pulled the motor, and did a partial swap of the 583 chassis and some cash for a 2000 700 mx chassis. I'm trying to fit the 670 into this chassis.

I kept all of my wiring so except for relocating the two warmer switches and having to drill a hole to plug in my headlight, electrically I'm set except I'll have to hardwire in the hand warmers becaue the brakes are hydraulic lines instead of a cable so I need to keep the 700's brakes handle but the 670 daisy chains power from the right side shut off switch/handwarmers/throttle assembly.

My problem is that the engine is too low for the carbs to clear the platform above the drive cogs. I had to cut the 670 motor mount plate and bolt it to the 700 plate to move the engine over an inch to line up the clutches. Now, I need to go "up" about 2 inches to even "think" about mounting the carbs and then using filter pods. Any ideas?
I'm thinking a 2" block of aluminum under the motor mounts maybe? I thought about lengthening the 4 studs in the block that mount to the plate and using some steel bushings but going up 2 inches on those skinny studs makes me nervous.

My second question is should I use the 670 pipe or the 700? The 700 pipe seems a bit small when trying to attach it to the y-pipe on the 670. 30 cc's isn't much of a difference but I think the 670 has a longer stroke so the pipes may not be so interchangeable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
you can buy a motor plate for that swap im pretty sure! no fooling around seen it on another thread on here. doo some searching might save you some headaches!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
963 Posts
yup and 700 pipe will work fine on the motor, should have the matching Y pipe for a better fit tho.

And yes the low carbs are a pain!! In my IQR its 1 3/4" in the rear and 1 1/2" front of the block and had to section out my A frame so I can change my clutch side plug. Fitting the pipe was another war.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I finally got the motor high enough for the carbs to clear, the head was too high for the hood and it was right below the headlight so I couldn't cut a hole without losing my headlight.

I swapped the motor, harness, handlebar switches/throttle etc and 300 for the correct 700 and needed parts plus a exhaust can. Much much easier to just reassemble. Took it out last weekend. Ran very strong but I have some sort of electrical issue with ignition it seems. It acts like it has fouled plugs or a weak spark and then it will kick in for about a second every minute or so. Changed the plugs. I'm not sure what it is yet.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top