Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the correct handle bar pad for my 1978 blizzard 6500. Does anyone know the part number? Is there other models that use this same pad? Can somebody post a pic of exact one I need? Thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally found a pad. Not sure if it is correct though? It is just clipped on, not riveted. I bought from a wrecker and he said it was off a 77 oly. It looks like 78rvcc pic though. Can't find a part number on it

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The early versions of these (74 was first year I believe) had "clips" that wrapped around the handle bar. Later years were riveted on version of same pad. I believe last year would have been 1980.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't seem to find a part number on it. Is there supposed to be one on it? I don't see any holes in the handle bars for rivets so is the correct pad clipped on?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found part number! 414 1793.
But I see this number on clipped and riveted style.
Is clipped correct for my 78 6500?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trying to install my pad. Don't want to get aggressive with it as it is so old. I am having trouble figuring out how the throttle cable goes, under or over pad. Anyone have a pic or proper routing?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok thanks. I was trying to fit it under pad. I noticed it is a earlier blizzard that you have a pic of but I am sure the 78 6500 is the same?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts