Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my rear torssion springs on the highest setting and the rear suspension seems way to soft. i can almost push it to the ground with one hand.

·
Registered
831 Posts
same here and I'm only 180. This "X" package is a joke.

·
Registered
489 Posts
What do you guys have for rear shocks? I know the "X" has an adjustable rear clicker shock.....is it turned up?? and what about the 05??

I currently have the rear shock out of mine (M-10 rear susp w/Ohlins) to be rebuilt because of my error during installation. The braided hose running from the rear shock to the remote res. rubbed through. When this happened the normally firm rear suspension bottomed when I simply sat on the sled. I was amazed at how big a difference there was when the shock became inactive....much - much easier to bottom. At 200 lbs I had to move the rear spring tension from the lowest position to the highest setting to finish out the weekend of riding and still bottomed frequently. With the shock doing it's job I had the spring as soft as it could go and would bottom only on the hardest hits.

The hydraulics play a huge part in tuning your suspensions.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have cudney x package. i dont think the rear shock is adjustable. i would have to look again to be sure.

·
Registered
831 Posts
my 06 X has high and low speed clickers on the rear.

·
Registered
489 Posts
saint1000 said:
i have cudney x package. i dont think the rear shock is adjustable. i would have to look again to be sure.
[snapback]689965[/snapback]​
I would lay odds that it is adjustable. I would suspect you will be pleased if you crank it up a bit.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Kirch said:
my 06 X has high and low speed clickers on the rear.
[snapback]689980[/snapback]​
Huh, you're dissatisfied after trying all the different settings? I have been reading mostly good things about the ride with the "X" packages.

·
Registered
831 Posts
haven't tried all options yet. It's almost impossible to adjust the clickers on the trail..... so I have to wait to get home thaw out the rear skid and then make my adjusments. Wish it had remote clickers.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does anyone know if the rear shock with cudneys x packages is adjustable?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Kirch said:
haven't tried all options yet. It's almost impossible to adjust the clickers on the trail..... so I have to wait to get home thaw out the rear skid and then make my adjusments. Wish it had remote clickers.
[snapback]690199[/snapback]​
I know what you are saying. I put stiffer torsion springs and an Ohlins piggyback on the rear of my 04 GSX. Although piggyback, it is not a remote and it's a pain to change the rebound clicker unless it's thawed. The compression clicker can be had with a little trailside snow & ice removal.

It should be worth the effort though. Keep at it!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes the renegades have different rear torsions. I'm 6' and 230# and put the stiffer springs in mine. The part #'s are 503-191-251 & 503-191-253. The stock springs are listed in the race manual but the stiffer springs I have just listed are not ... So I don't know what kind of jump this is nor do I have my jig done to rate these things yet.

Doug

·
doofinatic
1,844 Posts
I have 2 sets of the stiffer rear springs for the sc-4 suspension.
I weight 190lbs & they were too stiff for me.
PM me if you are interested.
I tried them in my 05' 600 & 1000 sdi's dan

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
saint1000 said:
[snapback]690203[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
107 Posts
saint1000 said:
saint1000 said:
[snapback]690203[/snapback]​
ttt
[snapback]691675[/snapback]​
Nope, no clickers to adjust on Cudneys rear shock, the only way to adjust it is to revalve.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
dooasphalt said:
Yes the renegades have different rear torsions. I'm 6' and 230# and put the stiffer springs in mine. The part #'s are 503-191-251 & 503-191-253. The stock springs are listed in the race manual but the stiffer springs I have just listed are not ... So I don't know what kind of jump this is nor do I have my jig done to rate these things yet.

Doug

[snapback]690465[/snapback]​
Is this a SClll or 4 suspention?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts