Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I was looking into getting a new sled, but I am unsure and don't know what to pick and had a few questions that could hopefully be answered, I was looking into a 440 or a 440/800 mod or a 600xrs etec because I want something I can beat on, jump, and handle whatever I throw at it but if I decided to go on the trails will be fine (I don't care about comfort on the trail just that it will be rideable and I won't have problems while ripping fast on the trails) stuff like that just an all around good sled for anything I throw at it, hopefully some of you fellow doo talk members can tell me some pros and cons of each (sorry if I was a little unclear on what I ask)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would go with the 600 xrs. While the 440 has the cool factor of it, what isn't cool is carrying around oil and having to worry about the jetting at altitude and temperature changes.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would go with the 600 xrs. While the 440 has the cool factor of it, what isn't cool is carrying around oil and having to worry about the jetting at altitude and temperature changes.
All of what you mentioned can be overcome very eaisly, however, I sold my 440 last winter and bought an 08 XP 600 SDI and will NEVER own or ride a 440 again. There is no comparison between the two in the power department, handling, gas mileage, overall riding comfort or reliability.

If it were my money I would buy the XRS.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
I would go with the XRS.

I went with the 800, but to each his own.

I came off of a 2004 mxz-x 800ho xps edition. This was a fantastic sled with great power and handling.

My current 2011 XRS totally blows it out of the water in every category!!!!!!!!!!!

I was looking for alot when I upgraded, and I got what I wanted in the XRS!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts