Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear it -- Gades, 121's, Summits, what's your top speed?

I'll start off: my 144" Summit will show 145km/h on the clock -- 90 mph, which I assume is off by 10%, so an honest 81?

It seems pretty fast for a mountain sled and I have no complaints. But what are you guys getting with the SDI motor?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Dickhead said:
Let's hear it -- Gades, 121's, Summits, what's your top speed?

I'll start off: my 144" Summit will show 145km/h on the clock -- 90 mph, which I assume is off by 10%, so an honest 81?

It seems pretty fast for a mountain sled and I have no complaints. But what are you guys getting with the SDI motor?
[snapback]701104[/snapback]​
105mph tops on speedo.
a constant 102mph in normal conditions

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
05 renegade SDI
245lb rider
So so conditions...98 gps.
Was running neck and neck with a short track SDI.
Mine has a Cudney clutch kit in it.
I also out weighed the other rider by 50 lbs.

I'm sure on a cold lake run it do 105 real mph.

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
Stock Gade 600SDI, going by speedo only, 105 MPH on Cranberry Lake.

Now it's geared down 2 teeth and a purple secondary installed, 100 MPH speedo on one secluded section of trail a few weeks ago. Haven't been able to stretch it out with the new gear and spring - then again, I really don't care about top end. Corner-to-corner is what I like, and this sled does well in that department.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I hit 107 on the speedo on a plowed road down a slight hill over the weekend. It was probably more like 100 on a GPS. I doo have it geared down one tooth.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty d*mn fast! All of you!

So far, my 145km/h (90 mph) by the speedo is the slowest time!!!

D*mn, and I thought I was SMOKIN! I say, I was hanging on for dear life on that sled at that speed!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
'03 mxz800.
103 all the way across Island Pond (away from the gas station where Teddy sits in his car to give tickets) on packed main drag, all stock. Mounted the gps this year to see how far off that might be but we got no snow and the lake isn't safe...crappy winter!

·
Registered
111 Posts
04 600HO
144 studs down the middle
top geared down 1T
Heel Clicker Clutch kit
Jet down one size
103mph on radar

I have found speedo off by up to 10mph at times compared to radar.
Also found the F6 and Fusion speedo only off by 1mph.

Hammer

·
Registered
888 Posts
05 600 H.O.

100 mph across Cranberry, totally stock, played with the clickers and deflection, have to try that out, next is jetting and different springs....

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SMOKIN! I'm just curious, am i the ONLY ONE, who can only pull 145km/h according to that lyin, deceivin speedo (90 mph)?

Maybe there's somethin wrong with my sled?

·
Registered
483 Posts
108 on lake stock but not to good for it as the 2 inches of snow was hard as a rock friends sled locked up that day because of the slides

·
Registered
428 Posts
175 lbs.

hard pack last year on island lake- reading 112 on speedo w/o studs

this year on the chippewa flowage read 107 on the digital speedo with studs. i think thats gotta be fairly accurate, not off by more than 5 mph or so.
sdi power.

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
Dickhead said:
SMOKIN! I'm just curious, am i the ONLY ONE, who can only pull 145km/h according to that lyin, deceivin speedo (90 mph)?

[snapback]701354[/snapback]​
I would think that your Summit is a bit slower as it has more tracks to turn
and would be geared lower for the steep and deep.

90 Per is great for a "Mountain Sled"

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
106mph on radar.

Evil

·
Registered
140 Posts
Dickhead said:

[snapback]701354[/snapback]​
Actually, I think your the only not slighty embelishing... Rode with 05 MXZX 800, 04 MXZ 800, 2 03 800's. best we got on straight trail was 95 on a GPS...

600 getting 100+, not likely. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 58 Posts