Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Canada. Sled (600X SDI) ran great for 4 days then on the final day, started bogging and cutting out at anything over 1/2 throttle. Revs up to 7000rpm fine but after that no good. Checked all fuses. Thinking maybe the high speed injectors are not kicking in? One more thing that happened that same morning. Had no juice when I hit the start button. Shook one of the relays and it got power again and started right up. First time I'm having problems. Have about 3000 problem free miles on the sled. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Mine did exactely the same thing......Mine was a blown bellow in the Rave valve. You can just simply pull the Rave's and push them in and out and listen to hear a "hissing" noise when you move them. They should make that noise and also move with the same effort. Or you could tear it all apart and have a real good look inside, but thats more work, so you decide. Its easy to put the valve back together if it just popped a bellow, but your spring is probabely weak and it will pop apart again................check it out!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will give it a look this weekend. Can't believe they'd go so early though. This is my 4th ski-doo and NEVER had a RAVE valve issue. We'll see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My roommates 800 power tek gade did pretty much the same thing today. ran fine then stopped for a break, fired back up, ran fine until you pinned it then would not rev over 7000. we let it sit while we looked it over after about 10 minutes it beeped then we fired it up and it ran fine for the rest of the day.

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
Also check sparkplug tops if you have the thread on caps if there loose it will mess up the MPEM just like a bad wire or cap Best to use solid top plugs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts