Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just waiting to pick up my '22 Rene 600R from the dealership and I was wondering if anyone has ran against a Viper or equivalent Cat? My brother has a Cat 7000 and I'm hoping to beat him.

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
74 Posts
Make sure you have good 93 gas.
My 2020 would top out about 100 with 93 octane, 95 with 91 & sometimes only 85 to 90 with 87 octane.
This sled adjusts very quickly & very well to how good the gas is.
The Viper's only run 90 to 95 & are very inconsistent sled to sled.
They surprisingly pull very hard on bottom, depending on traction, for a heavy sled.

Good gas & hard pack are your friends.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I actually can provide some comment to this question.
Never ran against either but spent 4-5 seasons on a XF7000 before moving to a (MXZ) 600R
I agree with stevewithocd, the Yamaha pulls very hard from the bottom and does top out in the ninetys.
These atributes are due to the stock gearing is my understanding.
I think the sleds could be close from start/mid range but the 600R will have a edge on the top I think.
Your 600R should leave the 7000 in the dust in the twisties. (although I'm comparing a MXZ)
My 7000 never left me stranded on the trail so I give it credit for that.
But I never had the fun factor with it like I do with the 600R.
There's a huge weight difference...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own a 2015 Viper (traded in on a XRS 850) and a 2018 600R Blizzard. The Blizzard is definitely quicker on the lake but in the trails the Viper is a faster sled as it just pulls harder. I always picked the Viper to ride over the 600 due to the motor just made it more fun. That being said I always worried about it and the Blizzard has been rock solid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe my brothers XF7000 is a 2015. You guys are all right when you say it pulls hard at low and mid. I've ridden it a few times. I'm hoping the 600r has similar take off and pull. I'm confident I can take it at the top end. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Rode a viper in northern Maine on a railroad bed..thing had great power out of the hole…but wouldn’t do more than 82 mph on the rail bed pegged to the bar for a half mile! It was my buddy’s sled in 2014, and brand new. After I went by him on my Apex at 115 mph, and he was doing 82, he traded it for an Aoex. The 600R should blow it away on top imo. If it doesn’t…get rid if it!!

·
Registered
2022 Renegade Adrenaline 900R
74 Posts
I put 5400 miles on my 600R.
I rode a 144" Viper for less than an hour.
The 600 is a quick little sled, but i only had IceAttack track while he had 144''long 1.5''lug track to grab so it was night & day traction wise.

600 is quick & responsive.
The Viper has tons of low end grunt & pulls awesome in mid range.
They are soooo different, i'm not sure what to say about it.
If we lined up, i'd say the Viper would pull away then the little 6 would come around.
Now some guys were able to do minor clutching to make the Viper a 95 mph sled, but i'd say it tops at about 90 or less.

For some reason Yamaha let Arctic Cat use their ECU on it so it's not dialed in as good as the Nytro's were.

That said, the little 6 will hang then overtake the "7000 class" 4-TEK or VIPER

·
Registered
822 Posts
I believe my brothers XF7000 is a 2015. You guys are all right when you say it pulls hard at low and mid. I've ridden it a few times. I'm hoping the 600r has similar take off and pull. I'm confident I can take it at the top end. Thanks for your input.
Go ride 250 miles and see how he feels afterward. You bought the ski-doo - you win the whole time you are riding! :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I put 5400 miles on my 600R.
I rode a 144" Viper for less than an hour.
The 600 is a quick little sled, but i only had IceAttack track while he had 144''long 1.5''lug track to grab so it was night & day traction wise.

600 is quick & responsive.
The Viper has tons of low end grunt & pulls awesome in mid range.
They are soooo different, i'm not sure what to say about it.
If we lined up, i'd say the Viper would pull away then the little 6 would come around.
Now some guys were able to do minor clutching to make the Viper a 95 mph sled, but i'd say it tops at about 90 or less.

For some reason Yamaha let Arctic Cat use their ECU on it so it's not dialed in as good as the Nytro's were.

That said, the little 6 will hang then overtake the "7000 class" 4-TEK or VIPER
Tops out way less than 90 mph. Rode a brand new ‘14 back in Dec ‘13, and it couldn’t get more than 80-82mph matted for a half mile or more, on a pristine hard packed groomed RR Bed in northern ME! Got there quick…but that 80-82 was it. 600R should top it easily.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would guess that your buddies Viper had something wrong in his set up. Belt/clutch adj, anchors for carbides IDK.

They are dogs on top but not that bad. He's missing out @ 10mph top end I think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts