Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode a guy's 04 ho sled which is the same as mine and he got it running good.I hate my motor because it's not very crisp and that 4,000 rpm burble crap.
this is all he did ,the sled is all stock and has not had the rings replaced(I have)

pilot jet #15

main #370

I'm doing mine this week,wow what A difference !!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
TT670 says changing your primary clutch spring to a 200/290 , part # 414768200
really wakes it up to. i havent tried it yet, but im going to.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
leave the stock pilot and drop the needle in addition to the 200/290 spring. Going to a 15 pilot makes the hanging idle problem these sleds are famous for even worse.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What exactly causes the hanging idle problem ?? my 600 ho does it , and my wifes 05' gsx 500ss has done it since it was new.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
205 Posts
Borderline lean will cause the high idle before it finally settles down. If it never settles down you need a richer pilot. These things come from the factory far leaner than engines 20 years ago, so when it is really cold outside you probably cant go much leaner and still be safe.
Moving the needle will affect everything from just cracked to almost wide open. The pilot does closed throttle and the main takes care of full throttle. The needle and seat take care of the in-between.

·
Registered
260 Posts
kanobi said:
Borderline lean will cause the high idle before it finally settles down. If it never settles down you need a richer pilot. These things come from the factory far leaner than engines 20 years ago, so when it is really cold outside you probably cant go much leaner and still be safe.
Moving the needle will affect everything from just cracked to almost wide open. The pilot does closed throttle and the main takes care of full throttle. The needle and seat take care of the in-between.
[snapback]292847[/snapback]​
Does the Needle have a Clip? Or do you need to Shim it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you sure the pilot jet is not 25 instead of 15. Stock is 17.5. My 600Ho is dialed into where its an arm jerker with 25 pilot / 370 main / needle moved .020

Its runs crisp with no hesitation anywehere from idle to full out.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
MXRACER said:
kanobi said:
[snapback]292847[/snapback]​
Does the Needle have a Clip? Or do you need to Shim it?
[snapback]293100[/snapback]​
The needle clip is not adjustable, ski doo ships it with a .030 shim under the clip. The shim gets moved from under the clip to above it and the needel is reinstalled, this will clean up any burble. This combined with a 200/290 spring in an 04 will make it a new machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts