Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. As the title states, it cranks but wont turn over. It was running fine last week than the engine light came on one day while warming up. It was idling fine while warming up, then shut down from temp. Went to restart it and it just cranks, wont start. Battery is good starter is good, it is getting fuel, all the gauges work. We have an appointment to get the code scanned next week, but I would love to try and get it diagnosed/fixed before then as we had a 250km trip coming up in 2 weeks. I don't really want to hear my partner complain she is missing the trip, LOL. 2013 Grand Touring 600ace.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hey everyone. As the title states, it cranks but wont turn over. It was running fine last week than the engine light came on one day while warming up. It was idling fine while warming up, then shut down from temp. Went to restart it and it just cranks, wont start. Battery is good starter is good, it is getting fuel, all the gauges work. We have an appointment to get the code scanned next week, but I would love to try and get it diagnosed/fixed before then as we had a 250km trip coming up in 2 weeks. I don't really want to hear my partner complain she is missing the trip, LOL. 2013 Grand Touring 600ace.
Does it have spark? Compression? Injector pulse? How do you know it has fuel pressure? Can you hear the pump or can you measure pressure?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know what injector pulse is, but I pulled the fuel line off and it was pumping fuel when I tried cranking it. I was thinking about pulling the plugs tonight and checking for spark when I get home from work. I dont have the tools for compression check. It would be nice if it was just the plugs.

It has ran fine all season until last week, just seemed weird it was running fine than 2 minutes later it wouldnt crank over.

Ill post what i find tonight with the plugs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
How do I get the code though without a BUDS scanner? check engine light is the only thing on the dash atm.

Edit: Googled it. I will try that tonight. Thank you for that!

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,317 Posts
How about your kill switch?...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have the old basic cluster so I cant pull up the fault codes. Going to have to bring it in for a scan.

1sfurness - The engine is cranking just not turning over and starting. It will crank endlessly if I hold the start button.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
does it have spark?

give a squirt of fuel into the throttle body while cranking it over.

If it starts then you're not getting fuel, even if the fuel pump is working. Check the injector harness for power or if you have a node light you can check and see if the injectors are getting a signal from the ecu.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts