·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done searches and read all there is, but many questions yet

nonHO 600 cylinders w/ head
583 pistons modified

Question:

what y-pipe, pipe, and can would you run?
what mpem would you run? Can you run 440's for both?
Does the temp guage plugs match up?
Any big issues

If anyone has experience with this setup please PM me or respond. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
In a rev you will need a 500ss y pipe-500ss pipe and what ever can you can find works on there.
we still run the 440 ignition and all electronics
600 nonho head or an RKT or aftermarket for a 600 non ho
generally we go with bigger carbs also 40mm of any type the stock flat racks are the easiest to deal with.pm me with questions.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
wow,

i didnt know you could do this.....

i guess the 440 has the 600 bottom end........or vice versa

what an easy swap that would be.....i wanted that motor for my 440 anyway.....
what all do you have to change?.........rods?........carbs? air box?...

thanks

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
ok sorry if this has been covered and i dont want to hijack this thread?

but if the 600 heads bolt right on with new pistons..........done......

anyone done this?..

thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
^600 non ho topend with 583 snow or watercraft piston with the skirts shaved you can use all the original bolt on stuff or go for power with larger carbs, stock air box works just take out the rubbers and make the holes larger so the rubbers can stretch over larger bells,it is a great motor combo,when tuned in properly even better than a 500ss.

·
Registered
54 Posts
39.5 taper bore tmx no air box mod nessisary take out 3 degrees timing
uses stock reed cage reeds and boots and throttle cable

for even more send mpem out have rev limiter removed jaws pipes
will have to send motor for pipes to be built , mild porting

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
why the 583 pistons?.......couldnt you just use the regular six hundred pistons with the rgular cylinders?

also not looking to race........want reliability

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
usedtoskidoo said:
why the 583 pistons?.......couldnt you just use the regular six hundred pistons with the rgular cylinders?

also not looking to race........want reliability
[snapback]750003[/snapback]​
The 600's use a 20mm wrist pin and the 440 / 583 use a 18mm wrist pin
This motor should be very reliable provided it is set-up correctly

-Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
So what displacement do you end up with,how much has to be cut from skirts,what would be the best timing curve for pump fuel? Sounds interesting.I wonder what kind of dependable h.p. could be made with right pipe/carb set up?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
600cc
.040''
stock low octane curve 440 mpem

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,304 Posts
Hmmm if you added the 500SS/600 non-HO flat slide rack carbs, can you add DPM? Or would you need a MPEM reprogrammed?

If you can't add DPM, how much would it cost to taper bore the stock 34mm carbs?

Probably would have to get a whole new clutch set-up too then....

The gears are starting to turn in my head..... It is going to be a long spring-summer-fall

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
DPM might be a little more involved than the average joe wants to do(new mpem)for sure,new clutching for sure, different rpm and horse power,there are a lot of different motor combo's you can do
500cc nicom bore
500cc cast iron bore
535cc cast iron bore
550cc cast iron bore
600 cc cast iron bore
635 cc cast iron bore
650 cc cast iron bore
you can also have the sleeves nicom plated for the ultimate in durability.

·
Registered
726 Posts
IF you just bolt on 600 juggs and head with the 583 pistons can you use the 34 mm carbs or not. if so what kind of jetting do you have to put in it. And will a pipe off a 500 ss be able to run at 8600 rpm's. Aren,t the pipes made for a certain rpm,s. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You can probably use the 34 carbs once you put on the 500ss pipe and jugs you will lower the operating rpm to 7800-8000rpm's,main jet will increase 3to 4 sizes,but will need to be tuned with plug readings and piston wash.as is with any motor even the stock 440x needs a litlle tune in .

·
Registered
180 Posts
dyna-tek racing said:
You can probably use the 34 carbs once you put on the 500ss pipe and jugs you will lower the operating rpm to 7800-8000rpm's,main jet will increase 3to 4 sizes,but will need to be tuned with plug readings and piston wash.as is with any motor even the stock 440x needs a litlle tune in .
[snapback]751618[/snapback]​
How about the needles? Do you still use the trail needles?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
usedtoskidoo said:
i just need a 500ss or 600ho pipe and tyhe done
[snapback]751720[/snapback]​
If you come across more than one pipe let me know. Aaen makes a pipe for the 500ss that will probly work pretty well with some porting. I have a set of cylinders on the way to Todd as we speak. A little boring, a little porting......... man this is going to be a great little motor

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
rev_man said:
usedtoskidoo said:
If you come across more than one pipe let me know. Aaen makes a pipe for the 500ss that will probly work pretty well with some porting.

i just dont want any noise........i would rather find a stock pipe.....

if you think about it.......the 440 bottom end is the same as the 600 so why rip out the whole package?........

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
usedtoskidoo said:
rev_man said:
usedtoskidoo said:
If you come across more than one pipe let me know. Aaen makes a pipe for the 500ss that will probly work pretty well with some porting.

i just dont want any noise........i would rather find a stock pipe.....

if you think about it.......the 440 bottom end is the same as the 600 so why rip out the whole package?........
[snapback]751878[/snapback]​
I agree with you 100% on the noise. If I can't find a stock SS pipe, I will run the Aaen pipe into the stock 440 can. Should be nice and quiet. Like they say, always watch out for the quiet ones

1 - 20 of 133 Posts