Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience this? RPM's are fine, right at about 8000 like always but it does not seem to have the top end pull all of a sudden. pulls very hard and normal up to about 80 and that seems about it. Could it possibly be the RAVE valves?

·
Guess Who's Back
22 RENEGADE XRS 850 YEAHHHH
1,732 Posts
flyboysl said:
Anyone experience this? RPM's are fine, right at about 8000 like always but it does not seem to have the top end pull all of a sudden. pulls very hard and normal up to about 80 and that seems about it. Could it possibly be the RAVE valves?
[snapback]750582[/snapback]​
You know what I just noticed this myself last weekend. I just assumed that conditions were not allowing me to hit above 90 on a lake. It was rough, bumpy, granular snow. Of course I was not holding WFO for long because I know my belt is wore pretty good, and didn't want it to blow. It was pulling like a mf'er off the line and thru the mid range holy "edit for bad language" look out! But no one was on the lake at the point I was looking for a race!

What were the conditions like when you were trying for top end?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RENEGADE13 said:
flyboysl said:
You know what I just noticed this myself last weekend. I just assumed that conditions were not allowing me to hit above 90 on a lake. It was rough, bumpy, granular snow. Of course I was not holding WFO for long because I know my belt is wore pretty good, and didn't want it to blow. It was pulling like a mf'er off the line and thru the mid range holy "edit for bad language" look out! But no one was on the lake at the point I was looking for a race!

What were the conditions like when you were trying for top end?
[snapback]750586[/snapback]​
That was the other thing I thought might be the problem because the snow was fresh but I thought that maybe there might be something wrong so I thought I'd see if anyone else had some issues

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
flyboysl said:
I don't think dirty Raves would cause it to doo that but try cleaning them and see. They are very easy to clean.
-Good luck

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Have you checked belt deflection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts