Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I was on the lake(the only place I can ride right now in VT) When My buddie wanted to race me on his 2003 pro x 700. He just had another 96 studs put in for a total of 192. his sled has got a dyno port can on it and aftermarket reeds. I have a 06 mxz600sdi with 96 studs and 600 miles on it. We lined up 3 times and everytime I would get the jump on him and would pull away all the way to top end were I was still ahead and he couldn't catch up. It was about 45 degrees that day and I thought that might of had something to doo with me being fuel injected and all. yesterday I was back down there and he wanted to go again. I thought since it was 10 degrees that I would have a harder time .We lined up again with a prox600 also and the results were me leaving both not as bad as before but more than I would think. the prox600 was left way behind and that sled was all stickered up with aftermarket parts stickers and sounded real nasty. I am real impressed with the power, performance handling and gas mileage of my new doo, and I don't regret my switch from yamaha at all.
Has any body had similar results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dave250r said:
Two weeks ago I was on the lake(the only place I can ride right now in VT) When My buddie wanted to race me on his 2003 pro x 700. He just had another 96 studs put in for a total of 192. his sled has got a dyno port can on it and aftermarket reeds. I have a 06 mxz600sdi with 96 studs and 600 miles on it. We lined up 3 times and everytime I would get the jump on him and would pull away all the way to top end were I was still ahead and he couldn't catch up. It was about 45 degrees that day and I thought that might of had something to doo with me being fuel injected and all. yesterday I was back down there and he wanted to go again. I thought since it was 10 degrees that I would have a harder time .We lined up again with a prox600 also and the results were me leaving both not as bad as before but more than I would think. the prox600 was left way behind and that sled was all stickered up with aftermarket parts stickers and sounded real nasty. I am real impressed with the power, performance handling and gas mileage of my new doo, and I don't regret my switch from yamaha at all.

[snapback]711366[/snapback]​
I also bought a new 06 600ho sdi. My brother and went to Old Forge about 3 weekends ago.He has a 600 Yamaha SX. We raced on a lake and i smoked him.
I gave him a head start and i still smoked him.I to dont regret the switch from cat.

JDiMaria

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
If they put the sleds back to stock they'd probably doo a lot better...I have a few friends that have all kinds of mods on their Poos and they just seem to get louder and slower. Its really funny...the can makers are laughing all the way to the bank!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
ds put in for a total of 192. his sled has got a dyno port can on it and aftermarket reeds. I have a 06 mxz600sdi with 96 studs and 600 miles on it. We lined up 3 times and everytime I would get the jump on him and would pull away all the way to top end were I was still ahead and he couldn't catch up. It was about 45 degrees that day and I thought that might of had something to doo with me being fuel injected and all. yesterday I was back down there and he wanted to go again. I thought since it was 10 degrees that I would have a harder time .We lined up again with a prox600 also and the results were me leaving both not as bad as before but more than I would think. the prox600 was left way behind and that sled was all stickered up with aftermarket parts stickers and sounded real nasty. I am real impressed with the power, performance handling and gas mileage of my new doo, and I don't regret my switch from yamaha at all.

[snapback]711366[/snapback]​
[/quote]
same story as you I love my 06 600 sdi 600ho I also ate up my buddies modded proX700 and his sons proX 600 they are thinking of switching colors.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Last year my old 500SS (597cc) smoked my buddies XCSP 700, out of the hole and up top.

My 500SS was pretty new and his XCSP had about 4,000 miles on it, but was maintained.

·
Registered
618 Posts
poor setups apparently... i smoked a crossfire7 on my 136 pro-x7, from bottom to top beyond a 1/4 mile pull... and i'm running a 1.75" track also... of course i've got a stock can
haven't run a 600sdi renegade (closest apples to apples doo makes), but i've ridden a few, they don't pull as hard as mine, but still is a very desirable machine...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talking to a guy from work last night and he wants to bring his xc 800 edge down to the lake this weekend should make things interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts