Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While turing the Western UP with my 05 600 sdi, I came upon a problem I had not encountered in the first 800 miles. We rode around 150 miles, parked it for an hour, came back to start it and it did absolutely nothing. The dash lights would come on, but it made no effort to start. We tried fuses, connections etc. to no avail. We eneded up towing it 5 miles to the cabin. Just for the heck of it, I tried to start it when we made it back, and low and behold it started. At this point I am very confused.

The next morning it started just fine. Took it two miles to have breakfast and stopped/started a couple of times while fueling. Came out after breakfast (around 1 hour) and it would not start. Again, towed it back two miles and the thing starts.

At this point I drove it straight to the dealer. They tinkered with it for an hour or so, checking all of the conections etc. and never found a problem. The one thing they did tell me is that the TPS would only go up to 87. I know virtually nothing about the TPS, but they told me that it should register somewhere between 90 and 100. They stated they tried to reset it but that it would still go no higher than 87. Is this common?

I took the sled from there and drove it two more days without incident. The one thing I did notice is that at times it would not fire without cracking the throttle minutely while pulling. I was under the impression this should never be necessary with an sdi? Any ideas what I may be fighting?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
It sounds fuel related if you having to give her a little throttle. Did you try pulling the plugs to see if they were wet? Fuel filter? Unscrewing the gas cap? Fuel pump? I'm just throwing things out there.
-Good luck

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
When hot mine requires a little throttle to start on first pull, otherwise may take 3 or 4 tries, no big deal, it's a great sled-engine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine does a similar thing. If it is at all warm it will not completely fire when I pull it over. It will stumble and almost start then stop. I have found that if I pull the cord out once or twice with it turned off (kill switch) then turn it on and pull it , no problem. It fires right up. I have not the foggiest clue what the hell causes this but it is consistant as the sun coming up. Runs fine otherwise. Who knows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts